I'm so mad!!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
Argh! We have just visited a local garden centre, as we was walking around my daughter who's 3 was looking at the teddies. I told her l not to touch anything and she normally listens. We was looking at the plants and just as I turned around her hand was on a fluffy harmless looking cactus, that was on the floor at toddler level! I didn't think it would hurt as it looked fluffy all of a sudden she started full on screaming! One staff member came over and said aww has she touched the cactus? I managed to open her hand while they pulled hundreds of spikes out her hand, you could hardly see them. She just kept screaming and screaming. They thought they managed to get them out so io toke her to sash her hand, and there was still loads in! We ended up taking her to emergency doctors as her hand swelled up loads.. I'm so mad that they would even think about putting at that level and in wondering If I should complain? Argh

I would be mad too! What a place to put a cactus :dohh:
And those things hurt! And you can't always see them. Hope she is ok x

Yeah Hun I would be complaining how daft is that...garden centers are for the whole family(of all ages)especially with Xmas coming up..... u have every right too...I hope ur LO one is ok?

I would deffinately complain!! Flipping idiots!! :hugs: hope she's ok now poor lil girl x

I'd complain, even just to stop it happening to someone else. Hope the poor wee scone's ok now.

i wouldnt - surely the shops cannot be held liable for someones child touching things

should every shop really have to display their goods considering that a toddler may touch them?

im not saying what happened is ok, and i feel for your dd, but it was an accident and i dont really think there is any blame on the stores part

I would complain they should think about these things as there will be loads more kids about in garden centres now they have all their xmas stuff out.Hope she is ok.xx

Not even for toddler sake, if u walked past it you had to watch you didn't catch it on your arm :(

If thats the damage it could cause it should have a blinkin' warning for adults and children.
Hope LO's okay :hugs:

ouch at primary school a friend told me a certain cactus didnt have needles so i gripped my hand around it and ouch! i would ring up so they can make sure it dosnt happen again hope your DD is okay x

Thanks everyone! She's been very clingy, I said why did you touch it when mummy said don't touch things and she said"the raindeer was fluffy" so because I said she can touch fluffy things se thought it sZ fluffy too! I feel so guilty :,( my poor princess :(

WTF are some of you actually serious?? This is NOT ok. This is a shop which is suitable for people of ALL ages and they should consider this when placing their stock. ANYTHING dangerous should be at adult height level only, not so low down that a 2/3 foot child can reach it! You wouldn't leave a flipping axe low down just because "you can't stop children touching it"...just put it higher up and it will never be an issue!!

I would absolutely complain...your daughter was in PAIN and it was because the store had inappropriate items in the wrong place...and yes it is wrong if it is in an area accessible to a child where they can potentially get injured. Thankfully it was just in her hand and nowhere worse...imagine if a child slipped and fell into it...completely f*cking irresponsible.

Sorry for the rant but this has really p*ssed me off especially as some people here can't even see the shop IS reliable for preventing accidents...it is in the health and safety legislation they have to follow! GRR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->