I'm so sad!! :(

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
Just a moan that I figured some of you would understand. :hugs:

It looks like the end has come to co-sleeping with Otter. :cry: I'd been putting off moving him to his own room because, frankly, it made me too sad! But, due to several circumstances, he ended up spending the night in his own room last night. :cry: I slept HORRIDLY! without him next to me. :sigh:

But, I need to keep moving foward now that it is started, I think. He needs to be settled there before the next one arrives as I intend to co-sleep with her.

Ugg! I hope it gets easier to have him in his own room!!

aww :hugs: when my DS moved to his bedroom I used to sneak in his bed (when he was asleep) for 10min of hair sniffing (really missed his smell) lmao...

it will get easier really; it's harder on the mom than the LO lol

awww :hugs: for you hun, only a couple of months before you get to do it all again with MK though,

ooohhhh - did he sleep ok though?

Yeah, he was okay. He woke a few times and fussed for just a couple of seconds before putting himself back to sleep. He woke for his morning nursing at 445 am (about normal time for him) and I brought him to bed with me then. We nursed and snuggled for an hour then got up for the day.

I think it IS harder on mom than on baby!! :haha:

Awwww - huge hugs TL. Maia is in her own crib - but in our room still. I dread the day that she moves into her own room!!

:(
A

it is harder on mum than baby i think, esp with boys :? and bigboys like ours aswell !!! i had to get morgan in the cot cos hes trying to move bout all night,kicking and it just wasnt good , hes happy in his cot (not in his own room tho cos ive a teen in there:?) but its a start :dance:

i think ur defo doing the right thing x

I had to move Sofia into her own room around the same age.... and to be honest it was probably a month later than SHE wanted to go! Mummy had issues, I just didn't want to admit it. I still miss her and love smelling her hair when she wakes in the night.

Oh gawd, I'm one of those mothers!

Awww I'm glad he did well though, it will ge easier, especially with a newborn coming soon :hugs:

ooohhhh - did he sleep ok though?

Yeah, he was okay. He woke a few times and fussed for just a couple of seconds before putting himself back to sleep. He woke for his morning nursing at 445 am (about normal time for him) and I brought him to bed with me then. We nursed and snuggled for an hour then got up for the day.

I think it IS harder on mom than on baby!! :haha:

It'd be nice if some of the anti-cosleepers saw this so they understood that co-sleeping does not automatically mean a baby who can't settle themselves! :wacko:

Sorry it's coming to an end hon :hugs: Can't believe you're 22 weeks already though, where has the time gone!!

Agreed, Lu! :thumbup:

Faerie, I'm one of those moms, too! Never thought I would be! :blush:

Aww :hugs: I'm so glad for you that he settled well alone though! It's sad because it's the end of an era but good so it won't be a huge struggle for you when the new baby arrives. I'm a head smeller too. I just love the softness and smell of Emma's head. :blush: I wish I could bottle it up to keep forever but I know one day she has to grow up.

awww sending :hugs: hun - Izzie has always been happy to sleep in her cot - even in hospital when she slept in with me she was happier in the crib where she could stretch out. It will get easier in terms of him going into his own room. We ended up moving Izzie into her room in January as she kept waking with the littlist noise :( was horrible to start with and I had the monitor glued to my ear but now shes happy in her cot and loves sleeping in there.

Fab that he can settle himself - Izzie still needs a dummy :dohh:

Fab that he can settle himself - Izzie still needs a dummy :dohh:

He uses his thumb and a blankie with satin edges -- thumb of right hand in mouth, satin edges of blanket in left hand. :lol:

Awww otter is so cute x izzie loves her Muslins and bunny but her dummy rules lol

Awwww hun :hugs: :hugs: I really hated moving Tabs but she loved being on her own :cry:
Its so sad that they grow up faster than we want them too :nope: It gets lots easier though i cant imagine trying to sleep with her in our bed now.

Well done for managing such a difficult thing. I am so attached to George, I do wonder how I'll ever manage (or want) to get him in his own bed....!!
We'd also like another lo fairly soon, so I know I'd need to let him go in his own room too, but it must be hard.
What a clever boy he is though - you should be proud xxxx

It was really hard for me to move Luka out of our room/bed, cried the first night...me, not him. He slept great! lol. WAY harder for us moms! But you do get used to it. For us it was the start of some great sleeping for Luka...so that made the adjustment sooo much easier! Now he naps on me! lol. He sleeps so much better on my chest, good luck to my daycare when I go back to work! haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->