I'm so scared

im petrified as well. the thought of tearing or having an intervention, especially forcepts, really scares me. but the way im trying to look at it is if labour was that horrendous then why do women have six, seven kids. and if labour was that dangerous etc then they woludnt let you do it. these are my thoughts at the moment however come the time i'll probably be pooing myself through fear

i was terrified of the labour and birth part lol and goin 12 days over didnt help i was induced which is suppsed to make the labour more painful n i have to say its not as bad as u think its goin to be.

yes it hurts but i found the contractions hurt so much more than the actualy birth(pushing) i actually said to my oh while pushing this doesnt hurt anymore lol i did it on gas n air for most n the peth injection which just helped me sleep thru the contractions till they got bad then id wake up lol

i ended up havin to be cut which when i was pregnant was the scarest part for me i was so scared of tearing bein cut n stitches but in the ned that didnt hurt while bein done just feels sore after.

Its true that people love to tell you horror strories. i was talking to someone yesterday who is preggers with number 2 and she was telling me that 'i haven't got a clue' and that its going to be really horrible and that she pooed herself while giving birth and therefore so will I. :sad1::pop: i thought what a lovely encouraging attitude!:trouble:

Don't worry - everones experience is different and i'm sure you will be just fine. I am scared too but at the same time kind of weirdly looking forward to it.
:hug:

i didnt poo myself not everyone does what a cow to scare u!

:blush:Thanks, I know there are more important things to worry about - like baby being ok etc... but it did get to me a little bit. She's one of those women who is a total know it all anyway.

:blush:Thanks, I know there are more important things to worry about - like baby being ok etc... but it did get to me a little bit. She's one of those women who is a total know it all anyway.

while givin birth i was sayin no i dont wana poo myself so dont worry about it lol u dont always worry about baby sometimes its understandable to care about urself first lol

You will be fine hun, when it happenes you sort of just get on with it and focus on having your little one in your arms. I was 15 when I had my first and I was really scared but then when I had my son I was really scared because he was early. This time I have been asked if I am scared and I am not, I am sort of looking forward to it. I even want to just have gas and air this time, both times before I had the epidural.
I have found people love to tell there horror stories, Pregnant or not over anything. My son was having an operation and had been down there for 4 hours and someone started telling us of there horror story and I was like what you telling me that for. People just like to gosip. Not realising how it scares you.
Luv Cheryl xxx

people really shouldnt tell u horrible horror stories. They did this to me too for my induction and i was terrified. Giving birth is going to be a wonderful experience for you hun, just go in with an open mind, yes it will hurt but you'll be surprised at your perception of pain compared with someone elses, what was terrible for one person, was not so bad for the other. There are all sorts of pain relief available should you choose it. And when they baba comes out and they put him on you, all the hours before that wont even matter!

Giving birth is what our bodies are designed to do! Women are remarkable and what we can do is nothing less than amazing. Try and not worry, you're gonna be in a hospital so if anything does go wrong you'll be in the best hands possible. It'll be sore but the pain is only temporary, you'll have your LO forever :)

Honestly hun you will be fine! Yes the contractions hurt like hell but when you're ready to push the pain goes as you're pushing so you have that to focus on! I was scared like you and no doubt every woman is scared of birth, it's only natural, but you will be ok I promise! x

You will be fine honey! And once you meet your little one you know it was all worth it in the end. :)

I agree with all the other ladies! I was terrified with kaitlin but i did it on just gas n air and found it an amazing experience. Im worried again this time but thats natural but the more u relax about it the better it will be and the easier labour u will have!!

I'd be lying if I said I was fully emotionally prepared for giving birth - I think generally I've tried to not think about EXACTLY whats going to happen.

I do love what I was told by my midwife about childbirth and it's what I'm telling myself and other people until I believe it too, which is that our body is absolutely designed for labour, we have inside us all the knowledge and inner resources and strength to give birth and that we should feel powerful and empowered by our ability to give birth.

*deep breath* I'm telling myself that on a daily basis and hopefully I'll believe it when the time comes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->