im so tired its making me miserable

fifi83

Reaction score
Hi there

Well as you can see from my ticker im am just over 6 weeks preg.

Im so fed up this week with been tired its unreal, I could fall asleep on my desk at work.

Is this normal? I cant even be bothered to wrap any xmas present or do anything what so ever.

I do have a cold so I no that wont help. I have been having early nights about 8 and getting up at 7. I feel like ive slept about 3 hours.

Im just so tired :cry: and its making me miserable and have no patient for anything. Ive had enough :cry:

Oh i know how you feel, no matter how much sleep i get, i still feel exhausted. have done no christmas shopping. because get to tired walking around the shops and just feel unable to cope. i feel like i have had enough of it too. your not alone, but think about the amazing bundle of joy you will have at the end of it all, that keeps me going. I think i may i have slight anaemia, i'm vegetarian. Are you getting enough iron in your diet? That may be why. eat some spinach.
Hope you feel better soon xx

I dont no about the iron, my diet is poor and always has been so may be.

I dont no about the iron, my diet is poor and always has been so may be.

Well that may be why, if your body isn't getting the nutrients you need you will feel it. I know i definately do. Have been really sick so find it hard to eat the right food at the moment.
Unfortunately pregnant women are usually tired during their whole pregnancy because of the growth of the baby, it takes it out of you. Especially in the first trimester when all the brain development etc is occurring. So its perfectly normal, some women suffer worse than others. We are obviously two of the unlucky ones.
When you go for your check up, the doctor/midwife will automatically check for iron deficiency. So that will help xx

Aww fifi

I think the tiredness is normal i have been extremely tired but this has for the past week calmed down, still tired tho!

I'm pretty tired too, but I'm pretty sure it is normal in the 1st trimester. It seems like no matter how much I rest or sleep, I'm still exhausted. It's like I've turned into this lazy person all of the sudden. From what I hear, it gets better. Hang in there and try to take as many naps as you can and go to bed earlier (if possible).

Right there with you on the tiredness, it's rough. I've been sleeping 12 hours a day. Sorry I don't have any advice for you. But I did finally get to a point where I wrapped presents last night, I didn't think I ever would. So maybe you will get a little burst and feel better too.

I totally understand what you're going through! I've found that unless I get 16-18 hours of sleep, I'm non functional...but of course, since I work full time, that only happens on weekends. DH has learned that I need to go to bed by 8:30 - 9:00, and usually wake up at 7. On weekends, I sleep about 12 hours, get up for breakfast, and go back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. I'll take another nap sometime during the day, before being back in bed by 8:30-9. Fortunately, I managed to get all his Christmas presents wrapped while he was out of town a couple of weeks ago. He's being a superstar and wrapping all the rest for us!!

i know how you feel, i feel like that 2 at the mo

I know how you feel hun:hugs:. I went to bed at half 8 tonight and have just been dragged back out by my husband. :blush:

Add me to the tired list - one of the times of year with all the shopping to do, houses to decorate, friends and family to visit...

And I'm so tired I'm asleep more than I'm awake haha

i know how you feel , really exhausted am also in bed at eight sometimes earlier and up at seven and feel as though i have had no sleep at all ! just rest as much as you can have been told to try and get power naps in the day if you can , unfortunatley i cant due to work.

im also not getting much sleep and im finding when I am able to fall asleep if its on my side, When I wake up my Arms are tingling, wierd I know this happens last on in the 3rd Trimester but its happening to be now, and my body just aches. I have always had trouble sleeping and pregnancy is making it worse so therefore im finding I feel worse. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->