I'm so worried

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
My OH has been struggling in his job for a while. They have treated him awfully. He basically runs a department. He started that department and built it up. It was his responsibility. They promised him a pay rise for it which he never got. They've given him staff member after staff member who have not been able to keep up with the work. His latest one has been terrible. He has been telling them that OH has been doing nothing and leaving him with all the work which I can see from his exhaustion and stress that that's clearly not the case. But this guy is best buddies with one of the bosses and so he's been taking everything he says as gospel. An example of what he did was going round telling everyone that he was working 12 hours a day. OH asked why he was working 12 hours he didn't have 12 hours worth of work (but he'd spin it out to last 12 hours) and he told him that the boss had told him he HAD to work 12 hours. OH was later approached by said boss asking him why he was making this guy work 12 hours a day!!!! OH sometimes has to work on his own in the department and he can do both of their work in less than 12 hours so he knows he's spinning it out.
OH has just called to tell me that he's just had a meeting and to "save his job" they're moving him out of that department. He hates the rest of the factory and he hates that job. He called to ask if he could quit but we just can't afford him to. We're getting married in July it's too late to cancel and get deposits back, our families have spent loads on it. But he thinks if he doesn't quit he's going to get sacked because he's just so angry now.

I feel so awful for him and worried. I don't know what to do. I'm so angry at them for treating him this way. He used to love his job and for the past couple of months he's just been so down all the time. So stressed and upset and I hate seeing him like this. We have tried looking for other jobs for him but work round here is scarce. I wish there was something I could do for him. I'm trying to work it out to see if he could quit but I just don't see a way!! Sorry for the rant. I just needed to get this off my chest.

Hugs,

I totally understand your position-it's horrible watching the guy you love having crap at work.
My husband was so, so miserable in his last job. His boss was a horrible man. My hubby was waking in the night stressed, wondering what mood he would be on the next day etc.
In the end I kept looking for new jobs for him while he was at work, and he has moved on to better things.
I suggest your oh considers job hunting, rather than putting up with this rubbish.
All you can do in the mean time, is be there for him.

He could look York area for jobs? I know Scarborough, and get it's bad for decent jobs, but might be worth casting the net wider for a job.

So he wants to quit but cannot afford to be jobless? Correct? Can he not stay where he is while looking for a new place to work at? I normally always had a job to go to when quitting. In any case, it might be wise since he's already concerned about his job. Any potential situation could result in him getting fired or him walking off the job in the heat of the moment. I think it would be something to consider. Meanwhile, you might want to consider looking at your budget to see how and if you can cut somewhere. You can put that money aside as an emergency backup in case something does happen. It would also give you a good idea of how much you can afford to play around with if he needs to get a new job. My OH took a bit of a pay cut when starting his new job but he seems much less stressed so it was well worth it. I hope things settle down soon, must be really stressful for him there! :hugs:

I have been looking for some jobs for him. He's been trying to find new work so he can quit but with no luck. I am sitting down this afternoon to see what we can do and what we can afford to put away if he should quit heat of the moment or get fired. I just hate seeing him like this.

I have found a few jobs that I think he would enjoy and asked family members to keep their ears to the ground for any jobs that may come up in their places of work.

I hope you're both okay Hun. My OH is in a job he hates too, mainly because he contracts for BIL who treats him like crap. I hope something else comes along soon XX

I hope so too. He text to say he has spoken to the big boss in charge of all the factories and it's hopefully sorted. He's not home so he hasn't quit (because he would just walk out). But we'll still be looking for something better.

:hugs:

Aack work can cause so much stress sometimes! Glad you have each other to help each other out. :flower:

I understand completely. My OH was absolutely in love with his job in the beginning. Then my brother moved up here and he is nothing but a suck up and a trouble maker. My brother has the same boss as OH and has their boss convinced he is heaven sent along with a pal named Roy and my OH and another worker or two is useless. He pushed my OH to a side job that isnt really necessary. He stresses so much lately about work and family issues he has trouble getting out of bed. But word came in Roy is going to another job so their boss is sucking up to my OH. I absolutely have grown bitter towards my brother cause my OH had so much respect for him. Pure amd genuine. All we can do is be there and pray and hope and cry if and when they do. I think more jobs need recorders and/or cameras. Good luck dearie!

Thank guys.

Turns out the boss was trying to pin a load of stuff on him that wasn't his fault. He'd done his part of the job and it was other departments that were messing up not him. Half of it happened on days he's not even in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->