Im sooo happy and excited

alibaba24

Reaction score
Hi :flower: I just really wanted to post to say my LO is out her hot cot and so far managing to maintane her temperature! :cloud9: then today i went in and shes worked her way into the last room and has her feeding tube out!! :baby: she has dropped 5grams but they say thats just with her being consistently on bottles shes having to work a little harder. I just hope she puts the weight back on and starts building up her weight so she can come home!! it seems like shes been in there so long and i hate leaving her :cry: it seems to get harder every day :nope: anyway still over the moon how well shes doing!!

xx

Wow! Go Rosalie!!!!

Wont be long until she is home!!! xx

Thats what im hoping but i dont want to keep asking them :blush: i know ill get the old how longs a piece of string answer lol!

xx

5 grams? Pah, that's a speck of dust in the weighing basket!

Good News :hugs:

THATS BRILLIANT!! :cloud9:

Next big step. . .rooming in, and coming home! :cloud9: eeeeeeeeek :happydance:

I was up today and the nurse said shes a bit small to be coming home yet, which is fine i knew that but was just wondering what weight do they consider letting them home if there doing well with bottles etc? shes reached term now gestational age :flower:

xx

My thoughts were the same as Marleysgirl - 5g is nothing!

How much does she weight now? Discharge doesn't always depend so much on the discharge weight but that you can see they've been gaining weight well over a period of time. We like to see around 30g a day, give or take a few. Are they weighing her daily at the moment?

My thoughts were the same as Marleysgirl - 5g is nothing!

How much does she weight now? Discharge doesn't always depend so much on the discharge weight but that you can see they've been gaining weight well over a period of time. We like to see around 30g a day, give or take a few. Are they weighing her daily at the moment?

Her birthweight was 3lb 3oz then she dropped to 3lb 1oz and has crept up to just under 3lb 9oz (i know shes still teeny lol!) now that shes on bottles consistently she dropped the 5g but hopefully we will see her put it back on and keep building her weight up. Yeah they weigh her daily im not sure what her weight gain has been per day though :blush: i usually ask every few days so i see a nice difference :cloud9:xx

You should be able to look in her notes where they plot her weight. I think if they see good weight gain with the tube out, they'll suggest rooming in and then home. She's only around 50g away from 2kg as it is. Fingers crossed.

You should be able to look in her notes where they plot her weight. I think if they see good weight gain with the tube out, they'll suggest rooming in and then home. She's only around 50g away from 2kg as it is. Fingers crossed.

2kg? is that when they think about letting them home if weight gain is good? sorry for the questions :blush:

Not really. It depends on the hospital (there was an old sister at my old job that didn't want me to put a baby in a heated cot because he was <2kg, which was silly since he'd been maintaining his temperature for days with his incubator at 34 degrees! [I moved him the next day when she wasn't there.]). Some like 2kg while some like 2.5kg, but like I said before it's more about the individual baby, i.e. how they're doing as regards to feeding, weight gain, temperature regulation, than a pre-set weight they need to attain. When you go visit tomorrow, ask the nurse that's looking after her what their discharge criteria is likely to be for her at this point - or attend during the ward round and ask the doctors as well.

Oh hun its the best feeling when they get outta there incubator! You can just get them out so much easier and dress them in their little babygros. My Freddy came home at 3lb 120zs all he had to do was maintain his body temp feed well and put on weight. Could be VERY soon you get your little girl home.

I think its the worst unnatural feeling leaving your baby and one of the worst experiences i went through especially seeing full terms go home as you leave the hospital.

Oh hun its the best feeling when they get outta there incubator! You can just get them out so much easier and dress them in their little babygros. My Freddy came home at 3lb 120zs all he had to do was maintain his body temp feed well and put on weight. Could be VERY soon you get your little girl home.

I think its the worst unnatural feeling leaving your baby and one of the worst experiences i went through especially seeing full terms go home as you leave the hospital.

thats amazing you got your little boy home at 3lb 12oz! I spoke to the nurse tonight again and she said basically its about the weight gain now that shes in a normal cot and maintaning her temp :cloud9: hopefully it will keep creeping up so i can take her home at first i found it hard to bond when she was in the incubator but each day it gets harder to leave her :(

xx

Abby was 4 days without her tube before she was home, but she was just over 6lbs by that time. They just needed to see she was gaining weight at that point.

It realy wont be long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->