I'm sorry but some parents need to lighten up!!!

L

lepaskilf

his is a quote taken from a Yahoo news article:

"Channel Five under fire as parents complained that the much-loved ‘Peppa Pig’ was making their children naughty! Parents reported copy-cat (or copy-pig) behaviour including jumping in muddy puddles and yelling for chocolate cake, both favourite activities of Peppa Pig and family."

Naughty!! I'd call it being a child! Some parents need to lighten up! If my child didn;t want to jump in muddy puddles and eat choc cake I would be worried!

Agree! People need to take some responsibility for their kids too :nope:

Why not turn it around and say peppa pig is being naughty if they don't think that it's "acceptable" to jump in mud puddles :happydance:

oh for gods sake .............thats ridculous and they dont have to watch tv! and anyway jumping in puddles is fun!!!!!!

this is so ridiculous! better not let their kids watching anything else then like mona the vampire (is that still even on?!?) otherwise they'll go around suspecting neighbours and teachers of being ghouls and monsters and try to break into their house:haha: I think common sense is heavily lacking in this decision!

Theres worse things on TV a toddler can acidentally watch than Peppa Pig ! LOL

Completely agree..... some parents just look to blame anyone and everyone but themselves!

How stupid... As others have said some parents need to look at themselves before blaming somthing else sometimes!! Seriously... I'm sure there are worse things on the telly than peppa pig!

I also think people have to much time on their hands if they find the time to moan and complain about trivial things like peppa pig etc!

All the things going on the world and busy bodies are moaning about this jheeezzz!

Xx

Well my DH thinks Peppa is making our daughter more cheeky. :haha: However I think she's just being two and a half and she still gets airtime in our house. Though only on the DVDs as I don't want my daughter watching commercials. She's already demanding enough without the added pester power of commercials.

Rocco always likes to jump in muddy puddles because of Peppa. Sometimes I let him. Sometimes I tell him I don't want him to get dirty!

I don't understand this either. I don't have to time to complain to big companies about petty things like this, like the people who complain to ofcom about tiny things on TV, don't like whats being broadcast, switch it off. Simples.

Lol! If these people really believe that it is making their children misbehave then how about......just stop letting your child watch it?!
Pathetic! Jumping in puddles and wanting cake is normal behaviour for a child regardless of what bloody kids show they watch xx

Yeah we only watch the dvd version too, I hate adverts of any kind! The more annoying, the less likely I'm going to fall for what they're selling!..... I'll never use go compare!!

We have taught Tom that puddle jumping is only allowed when he has his wellies/boots on and he's really good when he's only got his shoes on. It's definately how you as the parent teach them.

I heard about this on the radio, but they didn't specify what 'naughty' behaviour was.

Having never seen peppa pig, my mind was running wild! :haha:

Amy knows that if she wants to jump in puddles, she must wear her boots - the credit for that knowledge sticking in her head is all Peppa's :haha:

I think this is silly too!

I mean I used to watch tom and jerry but never felt to urge to whack someone in the face with a frying pan!!

I've not seen Peppa Pig on tv (but Waybuloo is a fave :winkwink:) but I see her in shops etc, very popular and very cute. I thought most children loved to jump in puddles and eat cake anyway? Totally agree, some parents really do need to lighten up!

Joshua loves jumping in puddles & shouting for cake...he's never watched Peppa Pig though! Can I still blame it for his behaviour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->