I'm sorry but some parents need to lighten up!!!

If its getting to the point your thinking a tv show is having a bad effect on your child then you have clearly passed the point where they are watching too much tv

I think this is silly too!

I mean I used to watch tom and jerry but never felt to urge to whack someone in the face with a frying pan!!

Tell the truth, everyone has that urge at least once :haha:

We jump in puddles with our LO too, it's great fun and I'd never want to tell him off for expressing his childhood!

:dohh: Aidan loves jumping in puddles, mummy does too! As for yelling for chocolate cake they should explain to their child to ask nicely etc not blame a tv show, it's also called a remote they can turn over :nope:x

Eek, Lucas and I jump in puddles all the time and we've never watched Peppa Pig. Who do I complain to!?? :wacko:

Peppa pig has actually made Ryan listen to me more and behave better in someways.

Before he started watching Peppa pig,He'd run straight into puddles.
But from watching Peppa he sees they where wellies,so now he says 'not today no wellies' if he's not got wellies on around puddles.

Same goes with sometimes he'd refuse to where a coat but from watching Peppa he knows if they go outside without a coat on that George caught a cold.

:shrug: I don't see the problem in it.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people will try to blame a television programme rather than address a particular issue by doing some parenting to remedy it.

Amy loves Rugrats and she adores Angelica. However after nipping any Angelica-worship neatly in the bud she will now tell me that she "wants Angelica to be her best friend but she is a little madam and does some very naughty things that I mustn't do mummy" :haha:

jumping in puddles is fun and getting muddy we do it all the time here. I know my mum would flip if we got dirty as kids but you have to. I jump in puddles still and we eat cake.

heres william in a puddle
https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6156/6203573343_2f6fe7045a.jpg
William playing in a puddle by Dragonfly Castle, on Flickr
I am a naughty mummy :)

Some people. Don't like it, don't watch it!

Personally I find peppa pig a bit freaky. Its the eyes on the side of the head thing

Jess calls all puddles muddy puddles cus of peppa, we went jumping in them today! What kid doesn't like muddy puddles, I think parents need to accept that their Childs behaviour is going to be more affected by how the parents are than by a cartoon..

I do think peppa is a cheeky awful child though! But I think the point of it is peppa is abit naughty and never really gets her own way George is nice and always seems to cone off better?

:rofl: Even if it was the tv show, is it not the parents fault for not turning it off? :haha:

I actually think Peppa Pig is an ok cartoon. Now i wont let the LOs watch: Spongebob, Max & Ruby and Ni Hao Kilan.

They were acting like Max on Max and Ruby and they were acting bossy when watching Kilan. Once we stopped them watching them, the behavior stopped.

Now, I have no issues at all with TV and certainly no problems with puddles as we spend half our lives in them. However, we have a problem with Peppa Pig in this house and it has been banned. When Em started watching it her behaviour changed completely. She refused to do anything else, would lie and scream when ads were on and not stop until it came back on, etc. After a few short weeks we decided it was no more and Em reverted to her normal self. Now, this may all be coincidence of course but I think there is something about the show that just drives her loopy.

Peppa Pig free zone in this house!!!

Now, I have no issues at all with TV and certainly no problems with puddles as we spend half our lives in them. However, we have a problem with Peppa Pig in this house and it has been banned. When Em started watching it her behaviour changed completely. She refused to do anything else, would lie and scream when ads were on and not stop until it came back on, etc. After a few short weeks we decided it was no more and Em reverted to her normal self. Now, this may all be coincidence of course but I think there is something about the show that just drives her loopy.

But if im right in thinking it wasnt the programme that caused her bad behaviour it was the fact that she wanted the programme back on.

The complaints are because the actual programme and characters behaviour is making them naughty?:shrug:

Erm, I was babysitting three kids last Sat and all four of us went jumping in muddy puddles. I found it very therapeutic, oh and that was after rolling down hills. We also played chase the grown up with all of us screaming at the top of our lungs. The kids LOVED screaming, we announced their arrival back home by driving up to the house shouting like indians.

Me bad.....

:blush:

K

But if im right in thinking it wasnt the programme that caused her bad behaviour it was the fact that she wanted the programme back on.

The complaints are because the actual programme and characters behaviour is making them naughty?:shrug:

I don't think it was as straightforward as that tbh. It was all very strange but she did become naughtier yet as soon as it was banned all those behaviours stopped. She was cheeky and refused to do anything we asked as well as the problems with adverts. We always presumed it was something to do with the animation or music overstimulating her in some way.

Just sharing our experience. Not asking for Channel 5 to ban it!!!!

Whats wrong with jumping in muddy puddles?? isnt that the fun of being and having a child, cos u can do it without being looked at strange. i bet these parents still stick their kids in front of it though. its easy to blame a tv programme and yes at times they do pick up bad habits. but if its that much of a problem switch it off. my son used to love francis, and hed often copy her behaviour-mind you she has to be the biggest pain in the ass badger child ive ever seen on a kids cartoon, spoilt and demanding. and i used to watch the rugrats with angelica. ah love the rugrats. so i told my son i didnt think that watching francis was helping with him remembering his manners so well find something else instead. sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->