I'm sorry but some parents need to lighten up!!!

I def agree that parents need to lighten up or just turn it off if its bothering them so much. I love peppa... my little girl watches it & loves it.. & tbh I've watched a fair few episodes now & I haven't seen any bad behaviour in it? Peppa is always doing something new and educational in the episodes IMO.

It's such an odd show anyways O_O

They tried to make it a "thing" over here in Canada but I don't think it's gotten too far.

never heard of the peppa pig show, but I am going to blame all future bad behaviour of my children on tv shows. I am sure that will teach them how to behave and the teachers will love the excuses.

I honestly find it laughable. Even if it was the cartoon, quit sticking your child in front of the tv it's upto you as their parent to teach them right from wrong!

Erm, we don't stick our daughter in front of the tv but she did react to Peppa in a way she hasn't to anything else, hence us banning it from the tv. As I already explained. I thought it might interest people to know our experience but hey ho, I guess not.

Erm, we don't stick our daughter in front of the tv but she did react to Peppa in a way she hasn't to anything else, hence us banning it from the tv. As I already explained. I thought it might interest people to know our experience but hey ho, I guess not.

But the differance is you took action against it and stoped your child from watching it and resolved the problem which is what a responsible parent should do rather then continue to let them watch it and not do anything productive about the bad behavour and let it get to the point where your complaining to a tv show that they arnt raising your children properly.

Yes a show can have an effect on a child but its all about how you go about dealing with it that matters.

Sorry to be party pooper but i hate that pig.

Personally i think shes a selfish piggy at times. sime of phases they get her to say.IMO is bad, aint nice!

My youngest would watcg peppa then throw herself on the fall & cry as only young thought thats what are doing.

Took.dvd away but no need get so.high & mighty complaining that much about it.

If compare to ben.& holly they are soo much nicer.

If watching something affects the behaviour of a child then turn the tv off like indy and lara did.

We are not forced to watch things, the tv does have an on/off button lol.

I wouldn't bother complaining but i would ban my child from watching certain things if it was affecting their behaviour. We don't watch Peppa Pig in our house btw.

No peppa in this house, fireman sam all the way but we do do puddles and muck. Perhaps these parents dont like muck and washing it and call it naughty. Poor kids.

You simply stopped your LO watching it, I'm sure you don't expect it to be banned :shrug: I was referring to parents that think it's the cause of their child's behaviour, complain and expect it to be taken off tv!

You simply stopped your LO watching it, I'm sure you don't expect it to be banned :shrug: I was referring to parents that think it's the cause of their child's behaviour, complain and expect it to be taken off tv!

Oh I don't know. It gets on my nerves something chronic so I would happily have it banned:haha:

It was most certainly the cause of her bad behaviour but that is for me to sort out, no-one else.

cartoons will always have a certain effect on kids particulalry if they become obsessed with a certain one. im a nursery nurse of 12 yrs and have witnessed the effects of allowing kids to spend too much time watching cartoons, lack of attention span, bahavior problems, lack of social skills etc. im not saying that parents here are allowing their kids to watch too much or that all kids are like this from watching tv but it is a proven fact. i do feel it is however down to the parents to decide how long or what they allow them to watch, yes at times its easier to put the tv on while we tidy up, make dinner etc and that is fine, i do it.. yes kids will chuck a tantrum if we say no. my son has, but who is the adult? they will get over it. like i said in a previous post i had to ban francis as my son was copying her, i explained to him i didnt like how it was making him forget his manners and i think well find something else to watch. kids will be influenced by cartoon characters but will also be influenced by parents too. my son also thought naughty norman off fireman sam was brilliant and cool!! but with a chat about normans behavior he realised that it may be funny on a cartoon but not at home. As a few other parents have said, it has caused bad behavior in thier kids but theyve solved the issue by turning it off. i personally have never bn a fan of peppa nor has my son, but know kids that have. i dont know whether she is a naughty little pig or not. but i do know francis is a pain in the ass and norman price has a lot to answer for. were now on to scooby doo and rugrats. but i love rugrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->