i'm sorry if you get asked this often...

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
i wanted to have a cloth bum baby, but he arrived before i'd sorted myself out!
now a year on, my thoughts have turned back to cloth!!

does anyonbe know if it would still make economical sense for us? and where we would start? i remember that i was about to orde4r itti biiti d'lish and blueberries when i went into labour...but i can't remember what my thoughts were after all the research i'd done

also - if anyone had any for me to trial at a reasonable price, i'd be grateful. LO is 20lbs ish and is 0n the 25th centile for height as well as weight :flower:

It can still be good to change now!

If you work out how much you spend on nappies and wipes it is probably near to £10 a week - and your baby is likely to need them for at least another 12 month which would be £520 minimum . You dont need to spend anywhere near that to go full time! That's just the financial side!

I have recently gone back to cloth and started from scratch with my nappies as I didn't like what I started with.

I have gone with Itti Bittis for the day which I absolutely 100% LOVE. I have others like WN, BB and night nappies too.

I have just bought some blueberries online. and am looking at itti bittis on ebay.
I'm really excited!

:happydance: Keep an eye on the swap and sell thread here, you can get much better deals than ebay. Also be a little careful with ebay as they have been known to have fakes on there.

I have had good success with getting preloved nappies from https://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=38 but I know some ladies have had trouble with some of the sellers.

Also check whther your local council run an incentive scheme, you might be able to get some help towards the cost of starting out

ETA; this thread mayhelp https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/310245-real-nappy-schemes-participating-councils.html

Also check whther your local council run an incentive scheme, you might be able to get some help towards the cost of starting out

ETA; this thread mayhelp https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/310245-real-nappy-schemes-participating-councils.html

thanks hun. i remember checking just before i had LO and i don't think there is anything here :(

ahh thats a shame, they might have started somehting now though depending on their funding, could be worth investigating :flower:

I only started at 13 mths! Not very economical for us as I can't stop buying, even though I have more than enough for fulltime use! :dohh:

I only started at 13 mths! Not very economical for us as I can't stop buying, even though I have more than enough for fulltime use! :dohh:

i have a feeling it is going to become my new obsession too ;) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->