I'm terrified of getting pregnant again!!

divadexie

Reaction score
More terrified than I ever have been my whole life!!
All my student years and when I was younger going out drinking it never bothered me half this much.
Me and OH use condoms and I am still terrified!

I got prescribed the pill yesterday, and I know it says you are protected a week after, but I am too scared to stop using the condoms also!
I am scared it wont work, scared the condom will split so Im not enjoying 'it' as much as I used to :(

While I am certain I do not want any more children (my son was early cos of PE also) incase of this happening again, I don't want to do something so permanent as to getting my ovaries tied/removed, just in case they invent something to prevent PE before I am too old to have more! Lol

How can I stop myself being so terrified? It took me and OH about 9months to concieve, and I never had any pregnancy scares before or anythingbut now I think I am super fertile or something! Lol

I was like this. so I had the implant done.

I went to see the doctor and explained my reasons and she said that just because I have had premature babies doesnt mean it is going to happen again and that I shouldnt be scared of it because it could affect other issues in life too! I suppose she is right..

I hope you find peace with it soon! Its hard but you get there.

The implant sounds like a definite option. And nothing wrong with using two forms of protection- that's what I did (the pill and condom). You want to enjoy yourself!!

There are so, so many options out there for women. If the pill causes adverse side effects or something like that maybe consider some other options on this website?

https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/contra_types.html

I know it's for young girls/women, sorry about that haha, but it has some good info on all types.

Hi
Ive had 4 prem babies so know how you feel i was supposed to be sterlised but seems so final to me so i went on the depo injection, which ive had before its always suited me fine. I was on the pill before i went on it and i put on loads of weight so came off it. I would discuss your concerns with your gp. xx

Or what about an IUD -I have used one since the birth of my first child and it has been brilliant and doesn't affect fertility if you did decide to have it removed in a few years to ttc again.

With the BCP I always worried about missing a pill, or being ill, or taking antibiotics etc -too much risk factor for me and with the coil you can just forget about it.
xx

Yeah I was thinking about the coil... but then I wasn't really sure what ones I can have while expressing?
My doctor wasnt much use either for some reason my practice has hired quite a few foreign ones and I couldn't understand a word!!

Thing is about condoms me and OH hate them! Lol!

The implant is weight neutral and doesnt affect anything else apart from to stop you getting pregnant.. Im not too sure about expressing but why dont you find out.. The implant last for 3 yrs and its amazing. its a little matchstick thing in your arm and I promise you its been good to me lol

Terrified as well!!!
I have the implant in my arm, it's woderful!
Apart from that minor side effect I am a non stop bleeder now :-s
So my doctor has prescripted me some anti bleed pills that I take three times a day. They don't do anything else than stop the continously period, so IF I forget one it's not the worlds end...

Take care
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back