Imogen, 23+5 Weeks

midori1999

Reaction score
I had my gorgeous twin girls on Friday. Sadly, Megan wasn't strong enough to stay with us, but Imogen, her sister is currently in NICU. Imogen was 574g, about 1lb 4 oz.

She is tiny and needing a lot of help so far, but nothing they wouldn't expect as far as I know. She's on TPN, lipids and a small amount of insulin, which went down yesterday as her sugars had improved. She also has a PDA, which they are treating with drugs and will hopefully close so she can get more settled on the ventilator. She did great on the ventilator initially, going down to 21% oxygen and only 20 BPM, but it's fluctuated since then.

We are trying hard not to worry too much, but it's not easy, especially as we lost her beautiful sister so soon. Imogen seems strong though and is still just as wriggly as she was in my tummy! I'll try and add some photos later, but am still in hospital and not sure if I can from my iPhone.

So sorry for your loss of your little girl Megan. I hope Imogen continues to grow and stay strong :hugs:

Im so sorry for the loss of ur daughter Megan, but would like to say congratulations of Imogens birth. I hope she continues to do well, and shes home safe with u soon. I cant imagine what a difficult time this must be for you, so sending u some big hugs xxx :hug: xxx

Congratulations on your tiny arrivals. I am so sorry for your loss, and i hope Imogen pushes through! :hugs:

Sorry for your loss of little Megan. I hope Imogen continues to grow bigger and stronger x

It is always sad to hear of a loss, but Congratulations on the birth. Fingers crossed Imogen will go from strength to strength and be home before you know it.

Welcome, so sorry Megan didn't make it. Imogen is in my thoughts, it sounds like she is holding her own right now which is great. She sounds strong and I pray she will go from strength to strength. xxx

So sorry for your loss :hugs:
Imogen sounds like a wee fighter I wish you all the best with her.
Our little girl was born at 25+1 and I was absolutely terrified while I was in theatre she is now 16 days old.
xxxx

Congratulations on the birth of Megan and Imogen. I am so, so sorry about Megan :hugs: - I'm sure she will be looking over Imogen keeping her safe. All my love x x x x x x

So sorry to hear about Megan's passing, but congrats on the birth of Imogen and hoping she continues to thrive and gets stronger every minute of evry day. Little Megan will surely be watching over her sister.

Love to you all, keep strong and take care of yourself xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your daughters. Sorry to hear about Megan. Imogen sounds like a wee fighter and will hopefully grow stronger every day.

Like yourself I also had twin girls at 25+2 and Rebecca's lungs were not developed enough and she only lived for one day. Holly came home 2 weeks ago weighing 5lb and is doing well. Holly also had a PDA which was closed with medication.

It is a very emotional and scary time and I found these boards very helpful as they answer most of the questions.

Take care xx

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Am sure little Imogen wll get stronger every day and will be home with you soon xxx

Sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope Imogen fights through. I had twin boys, sadly they are together in heaven. But I know what you are going through. I really hope Imogen fights through. Positive thoughts coming your way x x

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Imogen sounds like a wee figher. Our baby Sophie was born at 27 weeks weighing just 1lb 13.8 and I was so scared when I knew she was coming so early. However, she is a fighter too and is now 7 weeks old (or 34 weeks if I'd still been pregnant) and she was 3lb 14 when last weighed so probably 4lb when she gets weighed tonight. Hopefully Imogen will be the same. If you need to talk to someone I'm here...xxx

Awwww im so sorry for your loss of baby Megan, but im saying lots of prayers for Imogen. May she remain strong xxxxxx

Congratulations on the birth of both of your girls. Im so sorry for your loss, Imogen sounds like a little fighter and will keep her in my thoughts x

Well I posted over at twins and multiples.. Im so sorry for the loss of Megan.. Got my fingers crossed and sending you big support for Imogen xx

Oh I am so sorry that you lost Megan. :hugs:

I pray Imogen grows stronger each day x x

Couple of pics of Imogen:

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/33de5c32.jpg

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/1c9930f3.jpg

oh my she is so gorgeous. Thank you for sharing pics with us. Lil Imogen is definately a little fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->