Implanon out 5 months, no ovulation.

Euphemia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else took this long to restart their cycles after Implanon? I had mine out at the beginning of September and have not ovulated since. The Dr gave me noresthiaterone to try and restart everything, and that did give me a withdrawal bleed, but still nothing. I've got an appointment with the fertility consultant in March, but wondered if anyone had a similar experience? I had implanon in for 2.5 years and never had any AF during.

Thanks ladies x

I had the implanon in for 13 months and had no period on it at all. I had it taken out on the 17th of april and didnt have AF until October 1st, and even then I brought it on myself. I took vitex for 3 weeks and added dong quai for 3 days before it started. then I kept taking the vitex and stopped taking the dong quai. I havent seen a positive opk as of yet, but I think I may have been missing my O as I might O early.
I have had 3 cycles since october. 1 was 50 days, 1 was 45 days and 1 was 23 days (the month I stopped taking vitex) and now im on CD9. I had a temp spike today and a dark -opk, so hopefully this is a sign of things working!

sorry I dont have more positive news...but yes, it took 6 months (7 28 day cycles almost to the day) for my periods to work, and I still havent had a +opk (though I did run out just before christmas and only got more a week ago)
good luck! it might be worth trying to induce your period as I did, just to attempt to kick start everything again, and even if you're not O-ing, at least you'll have AF every now and then! and it might kick your body into O-ing again too!

Thanks Destiny,

I had been taking Vitex, but it really didn't agree with me, so I stopped that a couple of days ago. It's nice to know that you did start normal cycles again though, I was beginning to lose hope that it would ever get back to normal. Your reply has cheered me right up :)

Haha I'm glad I could help! I had very little help when I was going through it - seems there arent many people who dont have AF at all on implanon and even fewer whose cycles take so long to come back! ^^ yours will probably take a little longer than mine since you were on it for longer, but they will come back! Fingers crossed it's soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->