Implant

ImAMummy2B

mummy to 1 beautiful girl
Reaction score
Hiya,

I had my 6 week check up last week and the nurse spoke about contraception. We decided that the Implant was propbably my best option, and she said I had to have it fitted when I am on my period..... Is this right??

Looking on the net, it says I can have it fitted anytime during my cycle. If it is fitted during the first 5 days I am protected from pregnancy straight away etc.

So, I booked in with my surgery to have it done this coming Tuesday, but I don't think i'll still be on!! I thought my first one after having my daughter would last forever, but it doesn't seem to be!

It was such a pain booking this appointment as it requires a nurse and a doctor, and the op room!

So back to my question, will they still fit it if im no longer on a period?

Thanks!!

xxx

as long as you have used protection when/if having :sex: since the end of your period, they will still do it!

xxx

^^ WSS... I booked to have mine done after I had LO and hadn't come on when I made the appointment and they gave me it anyway because I didn't know when I was going to come on. I came one 3 days before I had it put in anyway so it was effective immediately but they will still do it if you're not on you just need to be careful :hugs:

Hey, good luck with getting the implant. I was one of the unlucky few that had major problems with it. They usually like to make sure your not pregnant ie either wait for your period or do a pregnancy test, before putting it in.

keely.

I had mine done when I wasn't on my period ... but I was told to use contraception for 7 days after getting it put in.

HTH xxx

I was still BF so hadn't had a period, but had to do a pregnancy test to be on the safe side. I guess they prefer you to do it while on a period so they can rule out pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->