Implantation bleeding - cause for concern??

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So I happen to talk to a nurse at my doctor's office yesterday and she got me kind of worried. I told her I was having some gas pains and spotting a little - but I think the spotting is implantation bleeding.

The first thing she said was, "Do you have someone to driving you to to the urgent care right now?". I just paused and said, is that necessary? The spotting is lessening and practically gone. She said, "It's really important you get to the urgent care right away!".

:shrug: What gives?

I didn't go, but I talked to my DH about it and we agreed that if I get any sort of pain or the spotting doesn't stop/increases I'll go in right away. But what is up with the major concern? Maybe she didn't understand that I was only 3w1d yesterday and IB is sometimes common?

Oh, and for the record, I've been getting that weird gas pain for the past 8-9months, so its not like it just came out of the blue.

Have any of you gone in for IB? Or spotting before your missed period?

She probably just had your best interest at heart... sometimes Dr's and nurses can freak us out and cause unnecessary worry... spotting and cramping can be a sign of ectopic but not always, however Dr's and nurses have to err on the side of caution , especially with their pregnant patients!!! Just keep an eye on it, if spotting continues then go in!!!

Thanks pinkpassion! She had this tone like if I didn't go in I'd die. It really freaked me out! :dohh:

I had just spoken to my ob/gyn about spotting a week before AF (this was a day before I found out I was actually preggo) and she said it was normal for some people and not to get too excited over it. lol :shrug:

I'm a spotter though - I spot about a week before AF every-single-month so naturally I thought it was AF coming this time (not IB). :shrug:

So I happen to talk to a nurse at my doctor's office yesterday and she got me kind of worried. I told her I was having some gas pains and spotting a little - but I think the spotting is implantation bleeding.

The first thing she said was, "Do you have someone to driving you to to the urgent care right now?". I just paused and said, is that necessary? The spotting is lessening and practically gone. She said, "It's really important you get to the urgent care right away!".

:shrug: What gives?

I didn't go, but I talked to my DH about it and we agreed that if I get any sort of pain or the spotting doesn't stop/increases I'll go in right away. But what is up with the major concern? Maybe she didn't understand that I was only 3w1d yesterday and IB is sometimes common?

Oh, and for the record, I've been getting that weird gas pain for the past 8-9months, so its not like it just came out of the blue.

Have any of you gone in for IB? Or spotting before your missed period?

Hey Mara16jade as the other poster mentioned she was covering all the bases. One of the unusual signs some women get in addition to spotting with an ectopic is cramping or pain during bowel movements. They have a triage of "red flag" symptoms and a lot of women describe their discomfort as "gas pains" and when you couple that with spotting she was airing on the side of caution. Having had an ectopic it's best to be safe than sorry as my symptoms weren't terribly obvious in a lot of ways. I had bleeding with my ectopic and spotting with this pregnancy but all is well this time around.

Don't worry tho...if you have good hcg rise and the find a sac and yolk in the right place you are good to go! You said you are 3 weeks 1 day? Is that from ovulation then? Ectopics are rare but treated seriously as they should be :thumbup:

Thanks pandi77! Today I'm 3w2d (counting from my lmp). I'm 13dpo today. I'm a POAS addict so I was testing early. :blush:

How soon can they tell if your pregnancy is ectopic? Could they tell right now for me? Thanks again, and I'm so sorry about your ectopic. But I saw your good news from yesterday's scan! :happydance: :hugs:

Nope, due tomorrow or Saturday.

Got a "Pregnant" on a digital yesterday though. :shrug:

Thanks pandi77! Today I'm 3w2d (counting from my lmp). I'm 13dpo today. I'm a POAS addict so I was testing early. :blush:

How soon can they tell if your pregnancy is ectopic? Could they tell right now for me? Thanks again, and I'm so sorry about your ectopic. But I saw your good news from yesterday's scan! :happydance: :hugs:

Wow momma you must ovulate early in your cycle congrats! Either that or your making a lot of pregnancy hormones early which is a great thing.

They have to locate a gestational sac first which is usually around 4 weeks and then the sure thing is when they see the baby in the sac. The reason just a sac can be deceiving is because sometimes when there is an ectopic the body can create what is called a "suedo sac" which my doctor said was a decidual reaction.

Once they see at least a yolk sac inside the gestational sac that confirms a uterine pregnancy. Usually the yolk sac is visible in the GS 4.5 to 5.5 weeks. I was freaking out this pregnancy because we didn't see anything in the sac until 6+ weeks. As a lot of women will tell you here you may ovulate or implant late so don't get too worried if you don't see something in the "normal" time frame.

Haha, yeah I usually O on CD11-12. I have short cycles though (~25 days).

I have no idea if I'm producing a lot of hcg. My Wondfo ICs didn't give me a decent + until today. I could see it yesterday, but the FRER was pretty dark and then I got a "Pregnant" on a digital at lunch yesterday.

Here's my Wondfo progression from yesterday (12dpo) to today:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/20131107_075705_zps00711a06.jpg

OK, so there's not much they could see now if I went in? Hmm Guess its just a wait and see and hope! Fx

Thanks for the responses ladies! :)

Haha, yeah I usually O on CD11-12. I have short cycles though (~25 days).

I have no idea if I'm producing a lot of hcg. My Wondfo ICs didn't give me a decent + until today. I could see it yesterday, but the FRER was pretty dark and then I got a "Pregnant" on a digital at lunch yesterday.

Here's my Wondfo progression from yesterday (12dpo) to today:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/20131107_075705_zps00711a06.jpg

OK, so there's not much they could see now if I went in? Hmm Guess its just a wait and see and hope! Fx

Thanks for the responses ladies! :)

I am to understand that a digital requires your hcg to be at 50 before it shows pregnant so you are looking good! There's probably nothing to worry about but since you do/did have spotting a 4-5 week check to look for something isn't a bad idea. And besides you will probably get to see the beginnings of your little nugget.

Any reason to get a sneak peek at our little squishy would be awesome! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->