Implantation bleeding or period? Other symptoms

sunshine711

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I suspect I may be pregnant with my first and am looking for some insight to my symptoms. Let me give you some info: I am 20 years old, had unprotected sex on 12/20, 12/25 and 12/29. I had my period 12/12 and have long cycles which avg 37 days long.
As weird as it sounds, I felt "different" the very next day (after 12/20). Within a few days, I had weird rumbling deep in my stomach unlike anything I've had before. I also had absolutely no appetite for about 4-5 days. I then had a HUGE appetite and have had completely irregular cravings from that point until now (lots of fatty and spicy thing when normally I'm a total health freak and not crazy about spicy). My boobs have also gotten larger like they would before pms, but about two weeks too early for it to be PMS. Along with that, I have visible veins on my breasts which I've never had.
Two days ago, I began bleeding, but not a normal period. It started out brown and pink and very light. I usually start out periods heavy and bright red. Two days later, I am still bleeding a small amount but its brown and like a light red and will probably stop by the end of the day. This bleeding started about a week before my period should be due, my periods are always late if anything but never early. I had light cramps but not my usual excruciating ones. I didn't take any pain meds just in case I am. I have also been bloated and constipated for a few weeks. At the same exact time my bleeding started, I also came down with flu like symptoms which have lasted two days and are almost gone by today.

Any insight, especially as to the bleeding? I am going to test in about 4 days (as I don't want inaccurate results) but would like some advice.

Thank you so much everyone!

Sounds to me like there's a great chance! I cant really help with the bleeding, as I had what I was sure was implantation bleeding last week...on tuesday night I had a little spotting, nothing on weds until right before I went to bed -little more spotting. Then thurs I had purely brown blood, more than before, but very little..kinda like the last day of a period...same thing on friday, with a little bit of red and on saturday it hit lol. Lots more red blood, but still only as much as I'd have on day 3/4 of my period (which usually lasts 7 days)...still bleeding now, but very little and its going brown again.

I took an hpt on saturday morning before the bleeding kicked in, which was negative...so who knows. Im planning on taking another one the dy after the bleeding stops to be sure, since it is very odd.

Keeping fingers crossed for you! All the other signs look good!

Sounds to me like there's a great chance! I cant really help with the bleeding, as I had what I was sure was implantation bleeding last week...on tuesday night I had a little spotting, nothing on weds until right before I went to bed -little more spotting. Then thurs I had purely brown blood, more than before, but very little..kinda like the last day of a period...same thing on friday, with a little bit of red and on saturday it hit lol. Lots more red blood, but still only as much as I'd have on day 3/4 of my period (which usually lasts 7 days)...still bleeding now, but very little and its going brown again.

I took an hpt on saturday morning before the bleeding kicked in, which was negative...so who knows. Im planning on taking another one the dy after the bleeding stops to be sure, since it is very odd.

Keeping fingers crossed for you! All the other signs look good!

Thanks for the info! Your bleeding sounds similar to mine. I'm now on day three and its still brown but lighter than a usual AF (which usually last 7 days for me as well). I'm so eager to test and yet scared at the same time. This wasn't planned and the timing isn't ideal, but I'm past the shock stage and am at peace with it :) In all honestly, I'd be quite sad if it was a negative. Please let me know how your results come out when you retest! Best of luck to you xx

After 2 pregnancies i found early pregnancy & Af symptoms so similar. I had implantation bleed with both pregnancies but along with it gt light cramps & pulls & twinges on one side of abdomen. That was diff t AF cramps. So just the light brown spotting for couple days & 3 days later gt bfp both times at about 9/10 dpo. Good luck

I am having a very similar situation as you sunshine711. I cant tell where I am in my cycle as I have been having no periods since coming of depo 9 months ago. Last week Thursday I had some light bleeding which I figured was just my AF finally returning but the flow was so light and brown/pink in color. I took a HPT yesterday just to see and it was negative but I still have a little bleeding. I am going to test on the weekend to see for sure. Either way I'm happy there is something happening after 9 months of waiting. Baby Dust your way!!

The not knowing is driving me crazy! The bleeding has stopped today, so it was a total of 4 days on and off light bleeding (mostly brown). So definitely not the usual. I couldn't help myself and tested this morning and it was negative. But I think it may be too soon to be accurate. I started this weird bleeding on 1/10 but my period shouldn't have started until 1/15-1/18 so I probably should've waited until then to test. In addition, I can't stop coughing up mucus for the last week! So sorry, I hate to be gross but wanted to know if this is a usual symptom. Especially at night when I lay flat, I am getting no rest. When I cough, my stomach hurts as though I'd done a bunch of ab work. I still feel intuitively that I am, will test in 5-7 days. Please keep me posted how your results come out as well!

The not knowing is driving me crazy! The bleeding has stopped today, so it was a total of 4 days on and off light bleeding (mostly brown). So definitely not the usual. I couldn't help myself and tested this morning and it was negative. But I think it may be too soon to be accurate. I started this weird bleeding on 1/10 but my period shouldn't have started until 1/15-1/18 so I probably should've waited until then to test. In addition, I can't stop coughing up mucus for the last week! So sorry, I hate to be gross but wanted to know if this is a usual symptom. Especially at night when I lay flat, I am getting no rest. When I cough, my stomach hurts as though I'd done a bunch of ab work. I still feel intuitively that I am, will test in 5-7 days. Please keep me posted how your results come out as well!

Any updates sunshine 711? Did you test yet?

This situation happened exactly for me - I spotted brown/pink for a few days- I thought it was the start of my period. The bleeding was just so weird that I took a test and it was positive! The bleeding then tailed off.

Any updates sunshine 711? Did you test yet?

I've gotten three negatives and yet I've had two short, abnormal, brown "periods" since then. So confused on whats going on!

This is my first time posting to any forum, ever, but I've been stalking the B&B TTC threads for a couple months now since DH and I have started TTC and I couldn't help but respond to this as I'm going through the same thing. Warning, this may be TMI, I dont really know what is normal to share yet. I have long (35-38 day) cycles which is kind of a bummer when TTC since the window is so far between, but I do stay pretty regular at least. AF is normally dark red, heavy, 4-5 days long. This month was different. On 2/11, a week before expected AF, I started getting dark brown CM. Not normal AF consistency, more like CM. This got heavier over the next couple days but never enough to need more than a panty liner. I thought this was just AF getting started but it continued to stay brown and light with only one occasion of dark dark red. This continued persistently for 7 days and then stopped and came back with a couple spots up until yesterday (2/22). I took a HPT on 2/18 (day of expected AF) and it was negative. Might have been to early, or maybe that brown bleeding was AF. I really am not sure if this is my AF or those 'weird periods' people talk about during early pregnancy. Reading other posts I started freaking myself out that it might be an ectopic pregnancy.
Other symptoms have been: extreme tiredness, nausea/heartburn, easily irritated nipples, acne unlike anything before in my life, no appetite in the evenings, waking up hungry (normally not a breakfast person at all).
I don't know if I should bother testing again, or if I should just wait until next month and see what happens. All the negative HPTs just make me sad. Keep me posted on what happens with you, curious to see what happens with someone else in my boat.

Hi, thanks for sharing. We have SUCH similar cases, as far as the long cycles, spotting etc. Finally went to my doctor today and blood and urine tests were negative. She think I am though and agreed that negative tests are more common than most people know. She scheduled me for an ultrasound on Tuesday, which will FINALLY give me a certain answer. I would be about 10 1/2 weeks. I'll give you an update when I have my US on Tuesday. Don't give up! Make an appt as soon as possible and demand blood work and a follow up ultrasound if its negative. Best of luck!!!

This is my first time posting to any forum, ever, but I've been stalking the B&B TTC threads for a couple months now since DH and I have started TTC and I couldn't help but respond to this as I'm going through the same thing. Warning, this may be TMI, I dont really know what is normal to share yet. I have long (35-38 day) cycles which is kind of a bummer when TTC since the window is so far between, but I do stay pretty regular at least. AF is normally dark red, heavy, 4-5 days long. This month was different. On 2/11, a week before expected AF, I started getting dark brown CM. Not normal AF consistency, more like CM. This got heavier over the next couple days but never enough to need more than a panty liner. I thought this was just AF getting started but it continued to stay brown and light with only one occasion of dark dark red. This continued persistently for 7 days and then stopped and came back with a couple spots up until yesterday (2/22). I took a HPT on 2/18 (day of expected AF) and it was negative. Might have been to early, or maybe that brown bleeding was AF. I really am not sure if this is my AF or those 'weird periods' people talk about during early pregnancy. Reading other posts I started freaking myself out that it might be an ectopic pregnancy.
Other symptoms have been: extreme tiredness, nausea/heartburn, easily irritated nipples, acne unlike anything before in my life, no appetite in the evenings, waking up hungry (normally not a breakfast person at all).
I don't know if I should bother testing again, or if I should just wait until next month and see what happens. All the negative HPTs just make me sad. Keep me posted on what happens with you, curious to see what happens with someone else in my boat.

Hi, thanks for sharing. We have SUCH similar cases, as far as the long cycles, spotting etc. Finally went to my doctor today and blood and urine tests were negative. She think I am though and agreed that negative tests are more common than most people know. She scheduled me for an ultrasound on Tuesday, which will FINALLY give me a certain answer. I would be about 10 1/2 weeks. I'll give you an update when I have my US on Tuesday. Don't give up! Make an appt as soon as possible and demand blood work and a follow up ultrasound if its negative. Best of luck!!!

This situation happened exactly for me - I spotted brown/pink for a few days- I thought it was the start of my period. The bleeding was just so weird that I took a test and it was positive! The bleeding then tailed off.

How far along were you when you got your BFP? Congrats!!

My story continues even stranger: I started bleeding again. I kind of gave up hope and counted that weird spotting as a period. Then, on what would be my new CD 17 I started spotting again, off and on switching between red and almost black. I'm feeling pretty confused but I have developed some sore nips so thats a good sign maybe? Let me know what happens at your US! fx for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->