Implantation bleeding or Period?

DBGB

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had been on birth control for 8 years and decided to go off of it in November/December when my husband and I knew we were about ready to start ttc. I wanted to allow my body time to get on a normal schedule before my husband and I offically started ttc in February. What I have noticed since going off the pill is that my cycles have been averaging around 40 days (give or take 1 or 2 days). This is frustrating because in the time it takes me to have one cycle, most people just about have two, so the waiting for the fertile window and then waiting for the time to take a test is agonizing! This cycle, I ovulated around May 6-7 according to opk. My husband and I bd a few times before and after and on May 9 (3dpo) I started spotting. I am currenting on day 5, still bleeding(7dpo). The spotting I have been experiencing the last few days has varied in color (from red to brown) and has been similar to a light period in quantity. Its not enough to need a tampon, but I feel wetness from it and when I wipe, there is a good amount on the tissue. At first I thought it was possibly ovulation spotting and noticed I had a pattern because I noticed spotting 2dpo with my cycle before this, but it was only for a day, this time it has lasted 5 days and counting. My next thought was it could either be implantation bleeding although at 3dpo i think it would be too soon. However, in doing some research I have seen some women have experienced red IB and it has lasted several days, so its possible I guess. I also have been considering it may be that my period has come early, very early. The bleeding/spotting began on cycle day 26 and like I said I have been averaging 40 day cycles. I have been having some slight cramping and irritability/weepiness which could point to either pregnancy or AF so I'm not really sure what to make of it quite yet. It would be too early to test, but I'm going a little batty waiting to see what happens. I thought I'd share my experience in hopes that someone might be able to give some input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->