Implantation bleeding or period?

jrob

Reaction score
Ok, here I go again with another weird cycle. It's been a while since I've been on here because my periods have been pretty normal. I track them online and AF has arrived right on schedule every month. We are not trying, but not preventing either. I do not chart my temp but I do pay attention to my cm during ovulation and we did have unprotected sex during that time. I can also tell which side I ovulate because of a previous ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago. My left tube had ruptured and was severely damaged so I lost part of it. I cannot get pregnant when I ovulate on that side. But when I DO ovulate on the left, it causes me a lot of pain. No pain during ovulation this time, so I assume it was on the right side.

So anyway, I digress. This month my period isn't due for another 4 days. Typically, before I get my period I break out with cystic acne on my face. By 30 I would have hoped the acne would have stopped, but of course I still break out like a teenager. My breasts usually get extremely sore and swell. I also get horrible cramps in the days prior to menstruation. For the past 3 days I have been getting random bouts of nausea around 10 pm and it doesn't last more than an hour or so. However, I Googled it and read that the nausea could very well be a PMS symptom. I know it's not typical to get morning sickness until after missed period, but I did find this symptom strange for me. I have been pregnant a total of 4 times (none of which took), and did experience morning sickness pretty early on each time (except the time with the ectopic). Anyway, I have had zero cramps,no acne for once, and my breasts are not sore or swollen AT ALL. Something is definitely different with my hormones this month for sure. Oh,and I've been EXTREMELY fatigued. I usually have insomnia and have to take melatonin to sleep, which doesn't always work. I've been falling asleep unassisted around midnight every night, where I am usually up until 3 or 4 unable to sleep. And still have trouble waking up for work (I work in the afternoon!)

So, now here's what's happening that made me create this post. Tonight as I was going to the bathroom I found a bunch of brownish-pink discharge on the paper (more brown than anything) Sorry if that's TMI. I still have no cramps and this bleeding only seems to show up when I go to the bathroom. So I'm just wondering, could this be implantation bleeding? Or is it just old blood leftover from my previous cycle? During my second pregnancy I had implantation bleeding, but it was a very, very small amount of pink spotting on the tissue paper and then it was over. This is heavier, but nowhere even near the flow level of the lightest parts of my period.

Even though we aren't trying because I just went back to school for grad school, I do very much want to have a baby. Therefore, I know some of this may be wishful thinking. I just wanted to get some opinions while I wait to see how this develops. If you've experienced implantation bleeding what was it like for you? How long should I wait for this to develop into a full period before I call the doctor? I'm supposed to call as soon as my cycle starts because I need to be get a pelvic ultrasound for some pain I've been experiencing so we can check to see if it's cysts, an adhesion from the ectopic surgery, or something else. And the ultrasound needs to be done within 6-8 days of AF starting. I'll be sure to update if this turns into AF, or if it doesn't. In the meantime, I'd like to hear what you ladies think.

As of right now, the bleeding has stopped. I had very light spotting the first time I went to the bathroom tonight. I could barely tell if it was actually on the paper, or if I was just seeing things. The second time, about a half hour later, was the heavier amount that I posted about. The third time, back to barely visible. This last time, there was nothing there at all. I'm still waiting to see if it comes back again.

I decided to wait it out a few days and AF showed up today. Not sure what the other night was all about. So it looks like I can get my pelvic u/s for the pains as scheduled. As much as I want to get pregnant, it's a relief this month becayse I really did want to figure out whats going on with my left side pain. Scheduled for the 24th. Wish me luck that it's nothing serious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->