implantation spotting? what do you ladies think?

babyjo07

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So first off I'm either 11 or 12 dpo today. O was around my bday. Yesterday morning I started very light spotting... Only when I wipe or after I pee. I thought early period but today was the exact same thing. I took a cheapie test after work and both me and fiance could see the faintest line. I took the test at big lots, they dont sell them but the dollar store didn't have a public bathroom. Once i saw the faint line making a plus symbol I wanted to cry. I ran back to the dollar store and bought 3 first response tests. Took one when I got home but bfn. I had peed like ten times by then and wasn't much pee. But I'm not even late for my period. It's due in 2 days. I've never had spotting like this. I'm not cramping like af, I've had little pinches in my lower stomach but only here and there and nothing unbearable. I found myself eating olives with spaghetti o sauce last night.... And just devoured a huge bowl of ice cream and green olives. My boobs have been killing me for over a week, so much I've actually cried a few times. Around 7 dpo they had a burning sensation off and on it still happens but not now its in my nipples or right around them. Ive miscarried 4 times since 2010, the most recent was in July... My nipples have never felt like this plus the light spotting only when I wipe is new. What do you ladies think? Planning on testing tomorrow morning and this weekend. Oh and for creepy. I lost my sister on may 24. I had a dream last week I had a baby on the day it made a year for her. I calculated what my due date would be if I am and it was may 26. And my horoscope told me it'd be wise to go get a few checkups towards the end of this week. Weird stuff huh?

First, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. It must be very hard on you.

11-12 DPO is a bit late for implantation spotting, but spotting isn't unusual in very early pregnancy and you sure have a lot of promising symptoms. Some pregnancy tests are more sensitive than others and if both of you saw a faint line, that sounds promising indeed. Perhaps the second test was just less sensitive?

Crossing fingers for a BFP on the next one!

thanks for responding and about my sister, it is hard but I'm doing ok.... Anyways, Woke up at 4 am and peed period is due tomorrow and now my spotting is brown. Barely there. Gross but I had to search for it. Took a test and it said no. But still may be too early if this is late implantation. I'm planning on calling my Dr before work today and ask about the spotting. Still no sign of period, occasionally I spot before I start but only one day, and after I see a spot my period comes on within an hour, it is now day 3 of spotting. Started out light pink, then publish orange and now its brown discharge, but very light and only when I wipe. Still nothing on my panty liner. Hopefully this is it. Are dollar store tests more sensitive or does that depend on the woman? I've read different things. Two negative after a light positive scare me. But since I haven't even missed my period just yet I keep telling myself thats why.

Stupid auto correct, publish orange should he pinkish orange. Sorry about that.

Hey Hun,
Just want to start off by saying that I am sorry to hear about your loss of your sister. I only have one sister and I can't imagine your pain. Also, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages, and I hope this is it for you! I am sort of going through the same. My story is that My period was suppose to come on August 30th. However, all I had was spotting and brown discharge! It lasted only a day and a half, and not even enough to fill a panty liner. My periods usually last about 4 days. At first it is brown then turns to a red or dark red. Instead it was just brown. 11-12 DPO is actually not too late. It's been said (and you can look this up) that implantation usually occurs within 6-12 days. So you're in the good zone! You probably tested too early at a time your body hasn't produced enough hcg hormones. I would wait until you completely stopped bleeding then test again. Or just test in a few days first thing in the morning. Keep us updated, ok? And baby dust! I go in tomorrow for my appt. I am so freaking nervous!! I am hoping that it was just late implantation and old blood coming out...from what I have read :wacko: Maybe it's the same for you!

Oh, and if you haven't missed your period yet..as they say "It's not over til the AF shows!" haha :) oh, and I've had BFNs too...last time I tested was last week. Maybe this week will be better. I still have symptoms..or maybe it's all in my head.

Lol I called my doctor this morning at work and she said it sounds like implantation bleeding. Still haven't needed a pad but noticing if I try to hold my pee I do spot a little on the pad but nothing. It had picked up a little after work but I was walking a lot today and home from work which is almost a mile. It's calmed down, I had put a tampon in and 2 hours later it was hurting so I took it out it had some on it but not like af yet... It was mainly brown with little red and brown squiqqlies... Tmi but best way to describe it. the tampon wasn't even half full and I've had a pad on since. Only happens when I have to pee bad or go pee... Then it disappears for a bit. Even when it starts getting a little heavier its just like water almost, and only looks like pink splotches on tp. I'm supposed to go in Friday or Monday for bloodwork. I keep running to the bathroom freaking out cause I feel like I'm leaking bad.... That just sounds odd. But each time it stops or eases back up. And ive been to the bathroom over 20 times today alone. It's like I bend over and make sure I get all my pee out and maybe 10th minutes or so later I have to go again. The nurse on the phone today did tell me not to worry about miscarriage unless cramping or heavy bleeding starts, I cramped some today almost as if I'm on a period but usually I can't stand the pain, this is fine. Haven't had to take a hot shower, or a heating pad. Or medicine! I'm trying to think positive but I'm scared. Nurse did say the light positive and then negative may have been since I haven't missed my period yet and its just early. My nipples are extremely sore right now. Hopefully, and fingers crossed we both get our babies! Trust me, since the call with the Dr and the very faint positive which is still there by the way... I had to look again today to see if my eyes weren't playing with me but I saw it instantly and my fiance keeps insisting it really is there and was. You gotta keep me updated as well! Baby dust to both of us and lots of it. I really hope this is it cause I've never had this happen. And also tmi but usually my af has an odor to it. This doesn't. Not sure if that's normal, but this is the only time i haven't smelled my period if that makes any sense. I sound like a lunatic lol.

Trust me, "tmi" or "lunatic" does not even describe it, lol!! I think we are allowed for TMIs. I also think if we are pregnant or trying to get pregnant we are allowed to be a little looney here! As a matter of fact, I think I remember squigglies in my panty liner. It was weird! Like thin stringy squiggles. For you....It all sounds like POSITIVE symptoms to me! Like the nurse said it could be that you tested early, and your body is just cleaning out the left over blood. Now it's just the waiting game. I feel very fat and bloated. I feel a bit of cramping every now and then but nothing severe. Like someone tugging on my muscle? I feel achey in my groin and hip area. I have been feeling so exhausted I wanted to just sleep at my desk today! Oh, and lots of watery discharge...so weird. My appt is tomorrow and I wish you the best! Baby dust...lots of it..yes, I hope good news for us both! Will let you know how my appt goes!

Well at least its similar lol I fell asleep early and woke up maybe 4 hours later to pee. The spotting was on my pad but not much. I looked in the toilet and it was literally like a salmon colored water/pee. It picks up when I hold my pee and since sleeping wasn't able to run to potty every ten minutes. Maybe that's why there was a little more. It looks almost bright red at times but on tp it turns into a watery salmon color. Still tiny pieces if strings... Almost like little dots, very tiny. Hopefully things are good tomorrow. Once I peed after waking up I've wiped a couple times but tp is either nothing at all or just a little bit like the last couple days. I'm trying not to worry but its hard. I've had some cramping but nowhere near as bad as af... There was a couple times today where cramping picked up but once I laid down it was like the cramps would just stop. And I feel like I have to poop constantly, and I've tried but nope, nothing. Usually af brings diarreah on the first day so idk. Just nervous. Fingers crossed, good luck with your appointment, I really hope you get great news.

Thanks Darlin'...I hope so, too. I'm just so nervous. I'm afraid they might be like, "Oh, you're just getting fat" LOL or "You have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) that's why you're bloated". But, it still doesn't explain why my period was the way it was? Maybe stress? I'm trying not to overanalyze everything and be patient. That's kinda funny I went to sleep earlier than usual and woke up 4 hours later. Lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night to pee. Does it hurt when you pee? As long as there is no burning or pain it could just mean it's still cleaning out leftover blood. I hope you find out soon! Do you plan to test again or just wait for an appt.? Welp, I leave in 4 hrs for my appt.! *crossing fingers*

No it doesn't burn when I pee it just looks like pink or red water. I only have cramps after doing some walking, today I ran up and back down the steps at work and once I was done I had to just sit for the rest of the shift but it calmed down. It's right in my uterus where the cramping is. I'm confused by the spotting too. Normal af has a lot of lining this is still just the stringy snot like globs. And af normally changes colors by now. It's going between bright orange and light brownish pink. Good luck I can't wait until you get back and tell me your news. Fingers crossed! And I have one test left, I think I may tomorrow morning or sat depending on the spotting and how that goes... But planning to go to my Dr on Monday and the nurse I spoke with yesterday told me to demand a blood test

Just an update on my situation...well, they had me do a urine test. :bfn: and she looked at my cervix. She said it looks like I have a minor bacteria infection due to imbalance of bacteria and pH which could have resulted why my period was the way it was?? I don't know. UGGGH gross, sorry. I'm so upset and disappointed. But, I feel like that doesn't explain the cramps, fatigue, breast aches and backpain. I gained a considerable amount of weight. But then again that may be due to my crave of sweets and lack of healthy eating lately. Maybe it's just all in my head. I think I'm going to test again after the weekend. If :bfn: again then I guess I will just wait until AF shows. Perhaps just wait and go about my life until my man comes home. We weren't TTC in the first place, nor were we preventing. Just sad because it just feels like I had all the symptoms and was getting kind of excited. Oh well...I hope you have better news, babyjo!!

Hi ladies - can I join? First of all, sorry for the BFN!!! :hugs:
Here's my situation: In my 2nd cycle since coming off the pill, so no idea what a usual cycle is for me. Last cycle was 32 days, today is CD27, so kinda expecting period in the next few days. Had plenty of sex around the time when CM seemed to indicate I was ovulating (approx CD7) and have had all sorts of symptoms since - very sore breasts, cramps, darkened nipples, moody, tired, hungry, skin break out - the lot. I was going to test on Sunday or Monday. Today I woke up feeling a lot less positive than the last few days and sure enough, I went to the loo at work around lunch and there was dark brownish blood on the paper when I wiped. I felt so deflated because it looked exactly like my period does when it firsts starts. I've been to the loo once since and there was a tiny bit in my liner but nothing when wiping. I've googled around on implantation bleeding and it could well be that based on the timings... So nervous though and worried to go to the loo now because I just don't want my period to start!!!

Hi Ylanda,
Your symptoms seem like they're on their way to a BFP! How heavy are your periods? They say it is common to bleed in the first trimester, and also implantation may vary. It can be light with dark brown blood or even red blood. I would wait to see what happens, and when you stop bleeding...test!! Baby dust your way!!

Thanks! :flower:

My last period was a fairly light affair, about four to five days, only two of actual heavy bleeding. I don't really know what would be normal for me as I've only had one period since coming off the pill...

So far there hasn't been any more blood. :) I'm wearing a liner as normal. I'm worried to go and check, though... :S I think I'll just need to wait this one out, hope the bleeding stops, and then test in a few days. I was hoping to test on Sunday (28 days since last period) but I don't think there'll be much point - if this is my period then I'm out anyway, if it's implantation spotting the hormones probably wouldn't be high enough for a test to pick up by Sunday. So more waiting!

I was on the pill. Some women can conceive right away while it says that it could take up to 3 months so that you're body gets back on a normal cycle. If you're period is light this time it could be IB! The symptoms you have could be your body adjusting from getting off the pills. I hate that birth control pill symptoms can be the same as pregnancy symptoms! And yes, it is ALWAYS a waiting game!! Wait until after your 'period' and test. If it is negative...test in a few days or a week!

Nothing has changed so far. Still small amounts of dark blood in my liner - maybe too much for it to be IB?! Idk! I still have light cramps and a hellish headache - but I guess that could be either pregnancy OR period-related OR my body re-adjusting... Guessing and waiting - great! ;)

Aw I'm sorry girl, maybe next month! Sucks though I know. I'm sad for you now. My cramping is gone, still spotting now its red and I need a pad. Still watery, no clots at all and noticed last night my cervix was medium and soft, felt like puckered lips exactly. A few hours later it was the same but I had a harder time finding my cervix. And today in shower I checked. Still puckered and now its barely reachable. My head hurts right now, and I'm trying to stay positive. Oh and I made a mistake about when I was supposed to start, I thought Wednesday but according to mymonthlycycles its due Sat. I've been tracking my period only on there and its usually right or a day off. And hopefully our new buddy here gets her bfp Sunday. I'm a nervous wreck. Every time I pee I have to check everything. Also noticed last time I peed it was a bit cloudy. It looked weird. And I had a glob of what looked like snot fall out, just like when I o it was slimy and stretchy. So confused. Usually on af my cervix is low and hard. Like my nose tip, but not this time. First time I've ever felt puckered lips.

And not sure if it matters but I have to blow my nose constantly today. This morning it was normal snot... Gross... Then it was yellow and not completely clear. Looks like my nose is having its o day today lol and it hurts. I just blew and the inside like nerves I guess feel like they're burning almost. And sore throat this morning. I just feel blah today.

I'm not sure what's happening my end - the bleeding is still very dark on my liner, but almost bright red when I wipe. Not huge amounts but it's definitely more than what I would call spotting... So confused! Wait and see, I guess, wait and see. If it's any consolation, I feel rotten today, as well, have a killing headache, no energy, no motivation, am meant to be cooking dinner but I just can't be bothered... :S I still have light cramps but my boobs have finally stopped hurting. I'm glad the pain is gone but I don't know if it's a good or a bad sign... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->