In a bit of a situation

Heidi

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
We've been planning our wedding for absolutely ages, and wanted to fall pregnant either near the wedding day or of had a baby before we get married. As some may have read in my journal this was our 1st month of NTNP and didnt think we would be in much chance of a BFP due to our previous months experience of trying (Bd'ing every other day/long cycles) and not getting a bfp. So as you can guess we got our first BFP with out all the effort we had previously put in, in other cycles!!:happydance:
Soooo.....

I will be due just over a week before the wedding, so now i'm wondering what the hell am i going to do about a dress, do i buy two or what?!!
We can't move the wedding date as there is way to much in place to move.
What do you think the best thing is for me to do??

xxx​

:happydance:Congrats on your BFP!!

Ummm - What happens if you went in to labour early :shrug:???

When you say there's too much in place to move it - what have you organised ???

xx

We have booked almost everything-

flowers
cars
church
reception
choc fountain
photographer
DJ

only major thing left is chair covers and dress!

tbh i dont think they will let me go over due, as they already know i'm a bit anxious to some thing happening that happened to a very close family member of mine (rather no go it to details) but yeah fx'd everything will go fine xxxx

What if you go into labour on your wedding day or are in hospital with a csection? Is there no way whatsoever you could postpone? It's maybe worthwhile phoning and asking.

^^^ like i said, they probably wont let me go over my DD. I will just have to see how things go. xx

Hmm i have to alter my dress too as we wer trying for over 2 years and it happened 2 months b4 the wedding, il be 12 weeks but showing already x

Hmm i have to alter my dress too as we wer trying for over 2 years and it happened 2 months b4 the wedding, il be 12 weeks but showing already x

Congrats!!!!

Aww you'll have a cute little bump. We've been trying for 11 months and was about to give up for a while!
I'm feeling rather stressed about it all and am asking myself a billion questions (amongst the ones everyone else is asking me too), its still early days yet but still cant help but wonder how i'm going to get a dress to fit that soon after the baby. :dohh:

Im sure if you phoned them up and explained your situation you could put the wedding back about a month.

You don't know for definate that they will set you off early, I kept getting told I would but they didn't.

As someone else mentioned what if you have to have a c-section can you really go and do yuor wedding 1 week after a c-section! I know I couldnt

i agree, i would try very hard to adjust my wedding date hon, i no it may seem impossible, but with babies anything can happen, take maddi, a fine pregnancy, but 9days later - 40hours of labour and an emergency c-section, and quite a long recovery period, tbh i really would advise you to move your wedding, sorry :blush:

What about a dress like this..

https://www.bjornandme.com/shopimages/products/normal/sku0748f.jpg

Then if you have the baby before the wedding it would be able to hide any baby weight you may have, and if you don't have the baby before the wedding then it is a maternity wedding dress anyway!

xXx

No way, ring up and change your date! I've had quite a lot of brides postpone, and a lot of them have been for pregnancies. Your suppliers will be used to it!

I Just Wanted To Add... If You Wnt To Prospone Do So Im Sure Everyone Will Be Understanding.. Or Find That Perfect Dress And Hope For The Best Reallly... =] What Ever You Choose To Doo I Wish you Good Luck & a Healthy Pregnancy =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->