In Laws..... RANT RANT RANT!

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Oh my GOOD GOD! I so must win the award for worst in laws ever EVER!

Get what his mother had done now...hubby grew up in Hong Kong/Thailand as his dad worked there but he came back over here about 10 years ago. When he was there he had a Thai girlfriend, just a first love sort of thing that is pretty much forgotten. WELL! His mum and dad only went to fecking Thailand on holiday, searched this ex out, took pics of her and her baby and posted them all over face book with captions like 'Grandma and baby'!!!!! WHAT THE FOOOOOK IS WRONG WITH HER?! Just why would they do that?

For those who don't know, we didn't speak to his family for years because of the way they are and the things they have done but we recently made up. Now this, i hate to say it but this is it. I can't have her in and out of Poppy's life and having Poppy see this sort of thing. No more, they have had so many chances.

Sorry for the rant ladies, just feel totally heart broken and let down :nope: :cry:

:saywhat:

OMG!
That's just so.... well, bizarre... :headspin:
Geees, yeah, I think you do win that award!!!!
I can totally understand why you don't want her in your children's lives... what does your husband think?!?!
:hugs:

:hugs:hey army wife, firstly poppy is adorable. now on to the mil. what a cow! There is no way she wouldn't have known that would hurt your feelings.

i thought mine was bad, she tells stories about dh's various exes at most family gatherings. i always felt on edge the whole time waiting for her to tell me something that would be like a kick in the face, eventually after speaking to my sis we worked out that next time she brought it up i'd calmly say 'i don't think that is appropriate as me and dh are married now and thats in the past' you could have cut the ice and she ran in tears to the loo (guilt? shame?) who gives! if i was you i'd take control of the situation by calmly laying down your boundaries and drawing attention to her behaviour asking her how she thought that would make you feel?

how does your partner feel about it? its a tough situation as most men are still tied to the apron strings :wacko:

OMG hun, what a hurtful woman. :hugs:

My MIL's (the mum and step-mum) are ok but still feel the need for the odd quip here and there. For example from MIL 'how on earth are you going to keep this new big house clean when you struggle with the little house you have now' Well how about you F**K Off!! And the step MIL always calls the OH's brother GF by his ex's name and introduced her by the ex's name at a family party (im so sure she does it on purpose)
Everyone bitches about everyone, the MIL bitches about the step MIL and vice versa and they both bitch about the other sons girlfriends, god knows what they say about me. And do you know what, I couldnt care less :haha:

I hope it gets sorted, surely your OH cant be happy about it, mine would go nuts I think.

What the f**k is wrong with her? I seriously think there is a specific kind of disorder that suddenly effects mils when their son becomes in a serious relationship. Goddddd. I'm so sorry for you. I would offer advice but I know from personal experiences that mils can't actually take anything in from anyone else and are stubborn cows. Sorry, as you can see I don't like my oh's mum either.. :p I don't know what to say, sounds like your right about keeping poppy away, you can't just give chance after chance. Ridiculous. Xxxxx

At least you MIL doesnt call you yours OH's ex's name like mine does!!

COWWWW!!

That is well out of order though. Why would they search her out? That is well wierd!

xxx

That's so messed up. What's with the 'grandma' thing?! Is she insane? I'm thinking the answer may be yes.

I feel very lucky to have a nice, normal, non-bitchy MIL!

:shock: what an awful thing to do :hugs: i am so so sorry to hear this hon :hugs: i no very well about the mil crossing 'that' line - the point of no return :hugs: you have to do whats best for your family - for you OH and your daughter xx

Seriously?!
Not only is she harsh for doing that, she must be pretty backward in the head to go ahead and search her out in the first place!
What a nutter! Don't let her get to you, you & your family are worth so much more! :hugs:

Okay maybe this is a stupid question; you say first love you mean like puppy love right... like the kind of teenage-stuff we all have had? Not as in he fathered her child right?

I'm assuming not and his mother is a NUTCASE. Who would do that :|

edit: I wouldn't blame you for severing the tie with them again, or restricting contact severely.

Okay maybe this is a stupid question; you say first love you mean like puppy love right... like the kind of teenage-stuff we all have had? Not as in he fathered her child right?

No, just the normal teenage relationship, no babies!

:hugs:hey army wife, firstly poppy is adorable. now on to the mil. what a cow! There is no way she wouldn't have known that would hurt your feelings.

i thought mine was bad, she tells stories about dh's various exes at most family gatherings. i always felt on edge the whole time waiting for her to tell me something that would be like a kick in the face, eventually after speaking to my sis we worked out that next time she brought it up i'd calmly say 'i don't think that is appropriate as me and dh are married now and thats in the past' you could have cut the ice and she ran in tears to the loo (guilt? shame?) who gives! if i was you i'd take control of the situation by calmly laying down your boundaries and drawing attention to her behaviour asking her how she thought that would make you feel?

how does your partner feel about it? its a tough situation as most men are still tied to the apron strings :wacko:

Thank you, i think Poppy is gorgeous but then i would! Good for you sticking up for yourself! I'd love to think that speaking to her would make a difference but this has been going on for so long and we have had so many 'talks' she just shrugs at me and tells me if i don't like it its tough!

At least you MIL doesnt call you yours OH's ex's name like mine does!!

COWWWW!!

That is well out of order though. Why would they search her out? That is well wierd!

xxx

No she has never done that but she has done so much worse! When my hubby was in afghan i lost a baby at 16 weeks, she called asking if she could come to the hospital with me as she didn't believe i was ever pregnant, the next day she made a fake email address and sent me emails saying my hubby was having an affair and had a baby with another woman, she told me she'd seen a psychic and had been told my hubby wouldn't be coming home from Afghan alive, she has called me threatening to kill me, she has only made an effort to see my daughter (her first and only grandchild) 3 times but puts pics of someone else's baby on fb with grandma written underneath....i could go on for days, these aren't petty things, she is an awful woman. And yes, she is sooo wierd! :shrug: Hahaha!

Thanks to you all for answering, i love having you all to talk to! I just wish things could be normal but they can't! :cry: My hubby is the one who wants nothing to do with them any more but i always try to push for them to forge some sort of relationship because i hate to think of my hubby hurting. He really is the most amazing man :cloud9: xxxxxxxxx

OMG! She sound like a right psychopath!! What the hell.. what a horrible woman!!

xxx

She really is, i honestly think she has some kind of mental illness. I don't say that to be funny or mean but because i truly believe it. Its sad really xxxxx

Goodness hon very strange. Thinking of you understand you feel a bit weird, I know I would. xxxx

Thanks Pippin, not spoken to you in such a long time! Hope you and Sam are well xxxxx

I know hon, I've been on here most days but not posting. Been to see my folks and enjoying a bit of R and R. I'm back home now so hopefully we can catch up. I wish they did BnB for the iphone like the do fb then I'd be on it a lot more. Too fiddly on the little screen to post. We are good just dreaded teeth making him wake again at night!!

and I thought mine was bad picking the wrong colour wedding decorations on purpose :wacko:

I take it all back!! :hugs: Be strong love, she is clearly not all there in the head. Just move on with your life and your family, she can have her fake grandchild as long as its away from you! :rofl:

Oh no! Poor little love! Give him big kisses from Poppy and i! Poppy still has no teeth but we aren't sleeping coz she has a cold! Typical eh? Hope you had a wonderful time at your mums and that you are feeling rested and refreshed. There has been lost going on my end too but def for a catch up soon xxxx

god, that takes mil hell to another level. i'm shocked. you know what? i always think family isn't something you can walk away from and despite my struggles with dh's family i've always tried again and again with renewed optimism each time we see them. BUT for your mental health I think you should try and limit contact with this woman as much as possible, i totally understand that you want to continue to try for your husband but i'm sure your happiness and poppy's happiness is miles more important to him than any semblance of a relationship with his mother when she puts you through the things that she's done. unforgiveable. i think you are so compassionate to have given her another chance after what she's done. but enough is enough and i don't see how you could ever have a good relationship with someone like that.

Oh no! Poor little love! Give him big kisses from Poppy and i! Poppy still has no teeth but we aren't sleeping coz she has a cold! Typical eh? Hope you had a wonderful time at your mums and that you are feeling rested and refreshed. There has been lost going on my end too but def for a catch up soon xxxx

Thanks hon and big cuddles to little Poppy too, to help her over her cold. Samuel has had his fair share of those so I can sympathise.

Had a lovely time away. Went totally off my diet and not feeling bad about it at all as I really enjoyed it. I'm sure I've put on 5 pounds but I'm prepared to lose it again starting tomorrow. We all need a break once in a while and the cake was worth it :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->