In laws reaction

gidge

Reaction score
My OH has been a bit quiet about this pregnancy and not mentioned telling his parents, so the other day I asked him if he had told them yet. He said yes I told them one day (didn´t say when). So I asked what they said and he said they told he him had bought more problems onto himself and has to think about having 2 to look after and pay for! I couldn´t believe it, he just says they are being realistic but I think they are just being very negative. We thought it all through before we started TTC and I don´t understand what problems they are talking about.
We skyped them on Christmas day and they didn´t even say congratulations or ask how I was feeling. (we live in different countries).
Is it my hormones just making me extra sensitive?

Sorry to hear they reacted this way.
I would say ignore them. If they are not happy don't let them spoil your happiness and upset you!
Hugsxxx

No, it's not just you! My "in-laws" are *awful*ly similar. My FIL's reaction to this pregnancy was, "You're kidding me..." And my OH laughed and said, "Nope, we're having another!" and he said, "Yeah, I've gotta go. Call you later." He finally called back a month later, mentioning NOTHING of the pregnancy. I don't see how he cares whether or not we have kids, though, it's not like he has EVER come to visit any of them - he hasn't, and since I don't travel while pregnant and they live about 7 hours away, he hasn't met our second baby who's 6 1/2 months old! But he can go on trips/vacations to other places and has been to visit my SIL lotsssss of times, who lived an equal distance away. Full of baloney.

Wow, that turned into a rant. Sorry. But I would be ticked off, too, if I were you. And I am, extra ticked off at my FIL because of your in-laws' reaction. ha! (Okay, that's a little much, but he deserves it for hurting my OH and our son.)

Forget about what they say.. Think about positive. I was reading this book on pregnancy..cant rembr name in which author said, different people will react differently to baby announcements,..no matter how close they are.So be ready and ignore the negative people. Some people immediately drift away. some just like their stories.

We are having baby after a decade so you can understand how important it is us. I want to keep quite for sm time but not my DH. So we let out the news. Also from day we got married and every one from his family kept bothering us to have babies, check with doc ..blah blah.Like its some task.

So with excitement we call Dh's big brother and wife and to our surprise... They did not speak anything & their reaction was like.. 'O god now this....one more big expense..' like they are going to pay for our baby
We live in different countries and we buy lots gifts for them and their kids when we visit them. That was huge disappointment for me.

I get sad and try to think i need to gather positive thoughts.

In the same boat but it's my mom who is that way. All she said was "oh really?" and even though this baby (#3) was planned we feel like we have to act like it as an oops. I hate feeling ashamed of being pregnant again. It takes away from my joy. Try not to let it bother you, enjoy your babies, they are a blessing.

Have to ignore negative people. Would your DH ask them why they can't be happy for you? Otherwise just keep them at an arms length and protect your happiness. Don't let negative people bring you down. It's more about them (and who they really are inside) than it is you!!

Yep also agree... Ignore! Thank goodnes they don't live nearby, you lucky thing lol :flower:

Thank you everyone for your responses and sorry to hear a lot of close family members react in negative ways.
Luckily we don´t live close but they do come to stay with us for a month at a time. Will just rise above it, our babies, our choice our life! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->