In-Laws

lily24

Reaction score
How does everyone get along with their OH's family..? :blush:

My OH's family is great..... It's my family that's the problem!

Mine are fantastic ! I can sit and chat with the mil and sil like they are friends

Im very lucky

:happydance:

His Mum is an absolute nightmare !! Ha ha
Luckily she lives in Germany and we only see her twice a year but when we doing she is just awful. Tells me im doing everything wrong and puts me down all the time. She reckons she is coming to stay the week after baby is born ! No way at all am i having that !! I wont need her telling me what to do and what im doing wrong with regards to my baby.

My family and my OH is a different sorry tho, they get on so well and treat him like a son, he gets on so well with my parents and he even goes to their place without me ! Their relationship is great.

Hmmm, was going to have a little rant about mine but dont think i will boar you all!

So i will just moan a little bit!!!

Mine were fine, but all of a sudden (since i fell pregnant) They are not in the slightest bit interested in how i am, how the baby is, ect. i feel my family are being so supportive and the in-laws are pretending it isnt happening!
Just makes me upset as my family are being so nice...:cry:

Hmmm, was going to have a little rant about mine but dont think i will boar you all!

So i will just moan a little bit!!!

Mine were fine, but all of a sudden (since i fell pregnant) They are not in the slightest bit interested in how i am, how the baby is, ect. i feel my family are being so supportive and the in-laws are pretending it isnt happening!
Just makes me upset as my family are being so nice...:cry:

I know exactly what you mean hun, im in the same situation. Atleast we have great families who care and are as excited as us ! I have to call my dad every other night to give him an update. He was so excited when i felt my first kick !! Bless him !

His Mum is an absolute nightmare !! Ha ha
Luckily she lives in Germany and we only see her twice a year but when we doing she is just awful. Tells me im doing everything wrong and puts me down all the time. She reckons she is coming to stay the week after baby is born ! No way at all am i having that !! I wont need her telling me what to do and what im doing wrong with regards to my baby.

My family and my OH is a different sorry tho, they get on so well and treat him like a son, he gets on so well with my parents and he even goes to their place without me ! Their relationship is great.

I know how u feel! My family and my OH can just get on like a house on fire, but i just cant seem to like his mother/sister. They were nice, all of a sudden they are to wrapped up in their stupid (and they really are stupid!) little problems! My OH is so soft he cannot see it, he just wants every1 to get along, but i feel when baby comes, She will butt in and try and tell me what to do and how to do it! :witch:

Worse still, we are going to be living litrally 10secs away from her!! :hissy:

Worse still, we are going to be living litrally 10secs away from her!! :hissy:[/QUOTE]

Oh no, nightmare !!
When my OH's brothers girlfriend had their baby, his mother forcefully got her breast out and forced the baby on it, even tho she didnt wanna breast feed. Rachel just sat there too shocked that she had actually done it to stop her !!
She's a fruit loop !

Oh no, nightmare !!
When my OH's brothers girlfriend had their baby, his mother forcefully got her breast out and forced the baby on it, even tho she didnt wanna breast feed. Rachel just sat there too shocked that she had actually done it to stop her !!
She's a fruit loop ![/QUOTE]

Ok, i dont think she will be that bad! But she just assumes we want all this 2nd hand junk! dont get me wrong, i love people giving us stuff, its very thoughful, but i mean she wants to give us stuff thats sat up her loft since she had her last child, 13 flipping years ago!!!!!

It feels good to have a little rant about her!

His dad is lovely. Hes very quiet and being very kind to us giving us a piece of his land at no cost (hence the reason i will be living so close to HER!:witch:) It just seems to be the women in my OH's family that despise me!! :cry:

Oh no, nightmare !!
She's a fruit loop ![/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl: OMG!

His think I'm wonderful (except his gran who hates me). And I think they're lazy interfering cows. I like his dad though. So laid back he'd fall over. And his step mum is cool too.

His think I'm wonderful (except his gran who hates me). And I think they're lazy interfering cows. I like his dad though. So laid back he'd fall over. And his step mum is cool too.

We are on the same wave length i think :rofl: My Father-in-law is soooo laid back, hes lovely! His granny is lovely to me too, i cant fault her. But his mother on the other hand is an old :witch:

And as for the lazy, interfering cows, that sums his mother and sister up in one :rofl:

We are on the same wave length i think :rofl: My Father-in-law is soooo laid back, hes lovely! His granny is lovely to me too, i cant fault her. But his mother on the other hand is an old :witch:

And as for the lazy, interfering cows, that sums his mother and sister up in one :rofl:

Well my OH's mother claims disabiltiy benefits and to be honest there is nothing wrong with her, everytime we go over the house is moved around etc. She used to say to me that she can't feel hot from cold and is now wondering why I wont let her baby sit? I don't want my son burned to death thanks. I'm a firm believer that if you can go out to work, you should. I'm registered disabled and have been since I was 2yrs old but I claim nothing because I'm healthy enough to work. No wonder my OH's dad left her, shes so lazy. Oh grrrrrrrr just thinking about her pees me off!

My in laws are fantastic. I chat to them on the phone every other night, and I consider my MIL to be more of a mother to me than my own Mum.

Rant away hun, always makes me feel better afterwards !!

I reckon they are just jealous as we get more love and affection from their precious baby boys than they do !

Well my OH's mother claims disabiltiy benefits and to be honest there is nothing wrong with her, everytime we go over the house is moved around etc. She used to say to me that she can't feel hot from cold and is now wondering why I wont let her baby sit? I don't want my son burned to death thanks. I'm a firm believer that if you can go out to work, you should. I'm registered disabled and have been since I was 2yrs old but I claim nothing because I'm healthy enough to work. No wonder my OH's dad left her, shes so lazy. Oh grrrrrrrr just thinking about her pees me off!

This is getting scary.. i was just about to say no wonder my OH's dad left his mum aswell!! lol

She works right enough, only part time, but her ex husband STILL pays for everything! he just bought her a bran new BMW! pays the morgage, bills, shopping, car fuel ect ect. He is such a mug. I think she uses their 13 yr old against him, making him feel bad if he doesnt give her money kind of thing.
I fell i might explode one day so i only go and visit as little as possible!!

Rant away hun, always makes me feel better afterwards !!

I reckon they are just jealous as we get more love and affection from their precious baby boys than they do !

Yeh she always drops little digs in about her 'gorgeouse little boy' (hes 22!!)
and how he would do anything for her.
Think shes basically saying HE IS MINE NOT YOURS!!

He calls me Hunni/babe ect quite alot. Habit i think, but the other night i was round at hers, he called me it and she shouted infront of everyone 'WILL YOU F*CK UP WITH THAT HUNNI TALK!!!!' I was like, excuse me he could be calling me alot worse.
She should be happy she has such a caring Son..

But like you said, at least my family care, and get on great with Ross, thats all i care about :)

This is getting scary.. i was just about to say no wonder my OH's dad left his mum aswell!! lol

She works right enough, only part time, but her ex husband STILL pays for everything! he just bought her a bran new BMW! pays the morgage, bills, shopping, car fuel ect ect. He is such a mug. I think she uses their 13 yr old against him, making him feel bad if he doesnt give her money kind of thing.
I fell i might explode one day so i only go and visit as little as possible!!

Sadly my OH's dad doesn't get to see his youngest son. My MIL says she hasn't done anything to make him feel this way, he just doesn't want to see his dad. But when I spoke to him about it privately, he just looked away and looked at his mum. So something isn't right there. I lost my dad when I was 18 and 3 weeks before my son was born so I know how importnant it is to keep in touch, because I regret not keeping in touch with my dad as much as I should had.

My OH's gran sent us a letter just before my son's 2nd birthday because we had to cancle going over (before my OH drove it cost us £24 in trains to get there, which is alot when he was only earning £800 a month). And it was saying stuff like "Becky shouldn't of had kids anyway because shes ill" "You shouldn't of had mikey if you couldn't afford to" "you're upsetting carol (OH's mum) - Which really pissed me off because I could perfectly afford everything for my son, I couldn't afford £100 a month on train fairs. And to top that, his gran fking drives!!! So what was stopping her coming over.

Sadly my OH's dad doesn't get to see his youngest son. My MIL says she hasn't done anything to make him feel this way, he just doesn't want to see his dad. But when I spoke to him about it privately, he just looked away and looked at his mum. So something isn't right there. I lost my dad when I was 18 and 3 weeks before my son was born so I know how importnant it is to keep in touch, because I regret not keeping in touch with my dad as much as I should had.

My OH's gran sent us a letter just before my son's 2nd birthday because we had to cancle going over (before my OH drove it cost us £24 in trains to get there, which is alot when he was only earning £800 a month). And it was saying stuff like "Becky shouldn't of had kids anyway because shes ill" "You shouldn't of had mikey if you couldn't afford to" "you're upsetting carol (OH's mum) - Which really pissed me off because I could perfectly afford everything for my son, I couldn't afford £100 a month on train fairs. And to top that, his gran fking drives!!! So what was stopping her coming over.

They can be very self centre some people..
I mean 'u were upsetting ur MIL' BIG DEAL! its your life for crying out loud, she doesnt have to try and live it for you.

Aggh just wish everyone could get on... then the world would be a boaring place i suppose!! :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->