In-Laws

They can be very self centre some people..
I mean 'u were upsetting ur MIL' BIG DEAL! its your life for crying out loud, she doesnt have to try and live it for you.

Aggh just wish everyone could get on... then the world would be a boaring place i suppose!! :sleep:

Yep exactly. And what bugged me more is my OH said "my mum wouldn't of said those things to my gran" - So he's saying his gran made up all this rubbish about how his Mum thinks I stole her son and she never gets to see him etc etc etc. I don't think his mum was completely innocent in the letter either, but I think he just didn't want to admit it. They soon said sorry when I refused to go over or let my son go over for 3 months.

o gosh! i hate to think what they will be like when baby arrives :baby: Its a bit of a standing joke in my house and with friends at the moment that my doors will be locked at ALL TIMES when we get the new house! :rofl:

The joys being a woman, never a dull moment when it comes to bitchyness!! :haha:

o gosh! i hate to think what they will be like when baby arrives :baby: Its a bit of a standing joke in my house and with friends at the moment that my doors will be lookied at ALL TIMES when we get the new house! :rofl:

The joys being a woman, never a dull moment when it comes to bitchyness!! :haha:

I know lol. His mum was like "I'll get to push the pram this time round" as my son was born in november, and this one due august. So I will just make sure the buggy isn't in the car :rofl:

I know lol. His mum was like "I'll get to push the pram this time round" as my son was born in november, and this one due august. So I will just make sure the buggy isn't in the car :rofl:

Haha :rofl:

Another MIL classic was when we were in Tesco one day shopping. The usual, a toddler having a tantrum screaming the shop down, i just giggled as we walked by knowing i have it al to come to me! She turns and says 'When that happens to you, you'll be like, take this baby from me Linda!'
*Cough cough* Em NO! Making me feel like i ament going to cope or dont want to deal with it for that matter.. I think shes on another planet half the time..

Haha :rofl:

Another MIL classic was when we were in Tesco one day shopping. The usual, a toddler having a tantrum screaming the shop down, i just giggled as we walked by knowing i have it al to come to me! She turns and says 'When that happens to you, you'll be like, take this baby from me Linda!'
*Cough cough* Em NO! Making me feel like i ament going to cope or dont want to deal with it for that matter.. I think shes on another planet half the time..

Ohhhhh grrrrrrrr. Infuriating!

My MIL phoned the other day because my OH hasn't replied to her txts. I was like errr? Well I dunno, hes got credit. Then started asking about me and baby and my son etc. I was like hes got chicken pox and she started suggesting all this stuff and I was like "Yes I know my mum's already told me" and just went "I'll tell stuart you phoned, bye"

I couldn't stand talking to her. I txt Stuart and said "Next time reply to your mother blooming txts so she doesn't phone me!!!"

I think we could go on forever couldnt we? :rofl: Know one else seems to have problems with their in-laws!! lol
i just noticed you are from scotland, which part (spam i know!):blush:

I think we could go on forever couldnt we? :rofl: Know one else seems to have problems with their in-laws!! lol
i just noticed you are from scotland, which part (spam i know!):blush:

Lol I know, everything about her and his gran annoys me.

I'm in Falkirk, you?

Fort William? The place where it rains ALOT u probebly havent heard of us :dohh:

Ive been there (it does rain alot lol) im orginally from Aberdeen born and bread until i was 15 then the shipped me down to chester lol xxx

For the most part we get along really well, and I can't say that they've ever treated me badly. But they are Chinese and I'm Caucasian so a lot of times I do have a different opinion on things than they do.

From what can tell we get along well, though really ive only known them about 6 months.

I get along esp well with carls sister as she is only 24 so close to my age.

NOT WELL AT ALL. His parents are older; 69 and 68 (we're in our 20's). His Mom is alright...she acts like she's about 85, really quiet, won't stand up to her husband, he's always right, etc. She can be nice though...if he's not around. His Dad on the other hand...we're not allowed to be alone together, cause I'll kill him. He has said (in front of my family and the rest of DH's family) how he wishes DH had married their neighbor's daughter, makes comments about me being fat (yea, I am...get over it), asks if I should really be eating something if I'm eating (even before I was PG), makes nasty comments about my family (Mom and Dad are still together, but Dad had some trouble and is in prison for a short time), my brother is in the Army and he makes comments about how awful military people are. If he comes to our house he keeps telling me I should get rid of our pets, how our house isn't clean (it's not spotless, but it's CLEAN..just cluttered cause we have lots of stuff). DH's brother is just as bad, he just pretends to be nice to my face. DH drove my car over there one day and his brother peeled my US Army sticker off my car cause he didn't like it. DH's sister is bad too, but she's just annoying. Blah...anyway...sorry.

NOT WELL AT ALL. His parents are older; 69 and 68 (we're in our 20's). His Mom is alright...she acts like she's about 85, really quiet, won't stand up to her husband, he's always right, etc. She can be nice though...if he's not around. His Dad on the other hand...we're not allowed to be alone together, cause I'll kill him. He has said (in front of my family and the rest of DH's family) how he wishes DH had married their neighbor's daughter, makes comments about me being fat (yea, I am...get over it), asks if I should really be eating something if I'm eating (even before I was PG), makes nasty comments about my family (Mom and Dad are still together, but Dad had some trouble and is in prison for a short time), my brother is in the Army and he makes comments about how awful military people are. If he comes to our house he keeps telling me I should get rid of our pets, how our house isn't clean (it's not spotless, but it's CLEAN..just cluttered cause we have lots of stuff). DH's brother is just as bad, he just pretends to be nice to my face. DH drove my car over there one day and his brother peeled my US Army sticker off my car cause he didn't like it. DH's sister is bad too, but she's just annoying. Blah...anyway...sorry.

Wow.... I want to kill him for you and I haven't even had the pleasure of meeting the &%#$@. :hugs:

I moved away from my fmaily abour a yr ago and my OHs family have been brilliant with me. We had to live with them for about 3 or 4 months last year and even though it was really difficult (we were in their living room and there were 8 of us at one point in a 3 bedroom house) they were still good with me. I can go out for coffee or whopping with MIL which has made being away from my mum and dad a lot easier.

I hope you can sort out your issues with your inlaws hun.

xxx

You girls are practically writing my own story for me!!

I was fine with his mother before I got pregnant. Ever since then, she's completely avoided me. Hasn't called, hasn't invited us over for dinner(she lives 10 seconds away as well!), turns down my dinner invitations, has stopped calling the house phone so she only calls his cell to avoid me answering, didn't invite us to his grandmother's birthday celebrations but asked Adam to come along....the list goes on.

I believe one of you said your OH is too soft and won't say anything. Well, Adam is the exact same way. Also, he's pretty much in denial that his mother is doing anything wrong. He'll defend her horrible behaviour till the day he dies until she changes herself, and then he'll defend THAT behaviour and come up with some excuse for why she was acting badly.

I have no doubt that when the baby is born, she is going to be calling 24/7 and trying to interfer. I've decided I'm telling her that if she didn't want to get involved when I was pregnant with the child, she isn't going to interfer in his/her life now.

Adam is moving over with me to the city my parents live in in Sept. I'm glad we're 8 hours away from her :D

They are alright... they live an hour away though so makes me get on with them better! They don't so much as interfere but they are always telling us what we need to do with house - or if we do something they say' well we would have done it this way,' Hubby won't say anything and i just have to bite my tongue and stop myself from saying' well we're not bloody you' lol

When we told them we were pregnant though his Dad was well sweet...hugging me all the time! lol His stepmum said if you ever need anything u know where we are. which i thought was sweet - that was said to only me!

God all storys are so similar. Must be a MIL bitch club lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->