In need of advice/support

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I need friends who are in the same boat as me. I'm thinking about kicking the BBT and just chart CM/CP. It's too stressful. I remember before I even knew about charting and tracking how we spontaneously BD(used BCP and condoms) and how much fun it was. Ever since I started tracking and charting I feel stressed. We we were NTNP back then and are currently NTNP. The reason I'm posting here is to get as much support/advice as I can. How did you get your BFP by just tracking CM/CP? Right now I take a multivitamin with folic acid and Vit C supplement. DH doesn't want me to take prenatals until we are full blown 100% TTC. I wanna know from experienced ladies any advice/support you have for NTNP by only CM/CP. I'm depressed and stressed right now and believe that taking away monitoring BBT will lower the stress. What are your thoughts??

I only charted CM and got my BFP after three cycles. We just DTD every day there was EWCM. I felt less stressed this way (although the stress didn't go away completely!). GL!

Hiya! I've only used OPK's once or twice. We casually tried for about 7 years, I has irregular and long cycles and didn't research anything into fertility signs. Just let things fall as they may.

I joined BNB and read up on some stuff in 2009, starting following my fertility signs and fell pregnant with my son in 2010. I was watching my CM and checking cervix etc an got pregnant with Sophie as soon as we tried.

I only ever use my body signals now days, mainly to avoid pregnancy but we are NTNP right now.

I did the opposite - I stopped tracking everything except my BBT and found that worked for me. I think whatever keeps you relaxed is what you should do! Funny enough, we were back to WTT when I fell pregnant - we were not thinking about it at all.

I bought the clear blue smiley opk kit and it works like a charm every time on first try. We only bd on cd 11 and 14 and got a bfp. That opk for me works like magic. I never used bbt as it just sounds like such a job!

Last pregnancy I did the charting etc and it drove my husband insane dtd turned into a chore , so I stopped I bought conceive plus and used that when ever we dtd and that cycle I was pregnant !

I just used an ovulation tracker online (entered the date of my last period), then vaguely checked my CM. Mostly though a hell of a lot of BD'ing! :)

I used the Clearblue OPKs one month and when I got my smiley face we BD (well we had done it every day leading up anyways). And I got pregnant that month.

I mainly used OPKs that month because I had just come off the pill not to long before and wanted to make sure I ovulated.

Conceived both DD and DS first cycle using CM tracking only. We would just BD every other day from the start of EWCM to the end of it.

Wasn't as easy with this baby, CM alone wasn't working. So we did OPKs, temping, and Pre-Seed. Got a BFP my first cycle on Pre-Seed (cycle #5). I agree with you, could have done without the temping. While it was nice to confirm ovulation, I learned after 5 cycles that I would get a strong pinch on one side 24-36 hours after my first +OPK, and my temp shift always confirmed that the strong pinch was indeed ovulation happening. I think we could have proceeded forward with OPKs alone. The cycle I got my BFP, FF didn't even detect ovulation. I was super fed up with temping :)

I've never used OPKs and have only tried temping a few cycles. Mostly I just check my CP everyday in the shower and using only that, I've been able to know when my fertile window starts, and when O happens. I find it a lot less stressful that way.

Good luck!

I only did temping for one month and hated it. Way too stressful. Do what works for you. For no 2 I'll be tracking cm but I've also got a clearblue fertility monitor to take the guesswork away

Wow! Thank you everyone for being so supportive :) this means a lot! I'm so happy I can post in this forum and get so much feedback though I've never been preg... Thank you so much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->