In serious need of baby naming help!

babydust818

2DS & TTC #3
Reaction score
Choosing my son's name has been so difficult. I never realized how hard this would be. When you think about this being a name that will identify your baby for the rest of his/her life, it becomes much harder! I always thought i wanted a rare or unique name. Once i started searching for them, i realized they're WAY too rare and unique for me. I started thinking more and realized what i really wanted was just a common name, but one that isn't over used. Such as Thomas, Joshua, Tyler, Timothy, Jacob. Those are very common where i live and it turns me away from liking them. I've looked through many baby books and have spent HOURS on the internet searching for a name. I still have not found a name i am in love with. My father's name is Charles Anthony and my husbands middle name is David which is his father's name. So i want to incorporate both of our father's into our son's name. I have NEVER been a fan on hyphenated names. I actually despise them, but in my case i have no other choice but to do it to include our father's.

Names i have come to like are Gabriel, Bradley, Owynn, and Gavin. Middle name would have to be either Charles-David or Anthony-David to include our father's. My two favorite names are Gabriel and Gavin. Bad thing about those names is 1.) Gabriel is close to my husband's niece's name (Gabrielle). Not sure if his sister would like that? 2.) Gavin is my sister's best friend's son's name. So i feel like i'm stealing that from them. What do you guys think? I feel like every time i find something i like someone else has already taken it or someone close to me will be upset.

Any other suggestions out there? I'm sure i've probably already heard it and just didn't like it. Gosh i am so picky!!

I'm not much help as I only had 1 boys name - Toby (Tobias) x good luck with your hunt x

I'd probably stay away from Gabriel if you're close to Gabrielle. My sister's friend having use Gavin would not put me off using it as well though.
In terms of middle names, why don't you just drop the hyphen? Gavin David Anthony flows well I think, or maybe Gavin Charles David?
Or how about mixing it up and just going with David Anthony?
Or a less common variant of your family names? Karl (Charles) David? Anton David?
Or Davin Anthony?

I love the name Gabriel. I think it's cute if the two cousins names were similar. You also have to think of nicknames, I can hardly think of one person I know named Gabrielle or Gabriellawho doesn't end up calling herself Gabby or Ella by the time she's 15.

You could still incorporate your fathers name like as a middle name. Never name your child something you don't like, you shouldn't put pleasing other people first when it comes to picking out a name for your child. Take things into consideration but not priority.

Gabriel Charles Anthony
Gabriel Anthony
Gabriel Charles

I also like the names Aidan, Carter, Brendan, Landon, Abraham, Jordan among others!

what about combining Anthony and David somehow?

Dante is cute (Da from David and ant from Anthony)

or Andy is simple

thanks girls. I didn't really want to combine the middle names. I think without the hyphen makes me feel better lol. y'all have had Some creative ideas. that's why I wanted too post bcz im not very creative lol. I have come to the conclusion that baby will be nameless until I hold him. I'll have a bowl of names to choose from but I dont think I can name him until I see him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->