In SO much pain, help!

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
I'm pregnant with my second baby and had this excruciating pain that seems to start just above my left bum cheek and just below my tail bone and it radiates down my left leg, It's so bad I can barely walk. If I go to move to get up without realising I scream because it hurts so bad. Anyone know what that might be? And in the past week I can't close my legs without my pubic bone feeling like its going to split and pop, my pubic bone doesn't feel connected if you know what I mean It's SO painful! I can't even turn over in bed without my back giving a really loud popping noise each time. Anyone know what this might be? :cry:

Sounds like either sciatica or SPD. Definitely worth seeing your GP. They maybe able to offer you physio or a support girdle :hugs:

I can sympathise with the pelvic/ pubic bone pain! Iv had excruciating pain in my pelvic/pubic area recently, to the point I could cry, its usually when I'm trying to walk/ lift one of my legs…it really feels like the bone is going to snap :wacko:

Hope you find some comfort soon

I get like that when I over do it... it HURTS... like the tailbone pain sucks.

That sounds like sciatica, you have a nerve called the sciatic nerve and I think it's when baby presses on it, it can send a shooting pain, if you get this a lot you should speak to your midwife xx

sounds like what i have, and if so i really sympathise you. Im in agony with it, i started with a 'cramp' feeling in my left leg, i spoke to my MW and she said it sounds as though baby is laid on a nerve causing this pain and it may cause sciatica.
since then i have had a pain right at the top of my bum crack (is this the tail bone?) it kills just as my bum leaves or touches a chair, and hurts whilst im sitting or when i walk after sitting for a while. i saw a different MW last week and she said it sounds as though i have sciatica. still not sure whether its a nerve or sciatica but i do know it hurts and very little eases the pain!!

Pretty sure after research that it's sciatica and SPD. The sciatica iv'e had since 4 weeks pregant and I really do think thats down to how they inserted my spinal when I had a EMCS with my daughter, It took them 3 trys to put it in and when they did the pain was excruciating! The SPD has came on in the last 3 weeks. Not suprised as i'm massive, Just sick of being in pain!

Sounds like sciatica caused by pelvic girdle pain. Your hormones have made your pelvis go all elastic-y and stretchy all over the place. It may be because the pelvis has moved in a way that has hit your sciatic nerve (that starts in your back, then bum, then all the way down your leg)

I had this from 6 weeks pregnant - was off work for 5 weeks because I could barely move, I had the ambulance pick me up to give me gas and air because I couldn't get off the floor! It was horrendous! I really feel for you.

Go to the doctors to refer you to a physiotherapist. He or she (usually a she when dealing with ante-natal cases) will then give you exercises to help and will help you pop your pelvis back into place.

Some exercises I have been given are extension exercises - having your elbows against the wall and then leaning back to take some of the strain off the sciatic nerve. If you can try and do your pelvis floors and also bum scrunches (to strengthen your bum muscles to give you more support).

Really hope it gets better

xxx

Sciatica and/or SPD. I suffered with both and it was horrible, when the sciatica came on I was stopped in my tracks :(

sounds like PGP/Sciatica, so painful! Might want a pillow between your legs at night and a Snoozle maternity slide sheet, it helps during the night. Also try to get a physio referral. They're not all specialized in dealing with PGP so see if your doc or midwife recommends someone. My friend gets acupuncture and says it helps a lot, specially with the pain in the pubic bone.

I'm not sure what you can do while you're pregnant other than take it easy and have tylenol for the pain. :(

When my sciatica acts up when I'm not pregnant I take an anti-inflamatory and painkiller and I have back excercises that I do (plus lots of sit ups to strenghten my core) that really help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->