In your opinion, what makes a good parent?

If you want this choice position

Have a cheery disposition

Rosy cheeks, no warts!

Play games, all sort

You must be kind, you must be witty

Very sweet and fairly pretty

Take us on outings, give us treats

Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel

Never give us castor oil or gruel

Love us as a son and daughter

And never smell of barley water

If you won't scold and dominate us

We will never give you cause to hate us

We won't hide your spectacles

So you can't see

Put toads in your bed

Or pepper in your tea

Oh no... my bad. That's how you make a Mary Poppins ;) xxx

I think good variety. I want mine to do well at school but more importantly have knowledge and acceptance of the world.

We go to special needs groups and for my kids to be friends with and accept lots of different needs is very important to me. I want them to be aware not everyone looks/talks/acts the same. For them to grow up like this is important to me.

I think keeping active and having fun is important, for kids to realise how lovely the natural environment is. Not being material etc. xx

A good parent is someone in my opinion who is involved in their kids lives and attentive. Is a parent first and friend second. Makes sure that their kids can come and talk to them about anything. Teaches them good morals and proper manners. Teach them righ from wrong. Offers a stable roof over their head and a good education. Encourages their kids to go after their dreams and wants. Encourages them to do activities, join groups, or play sports. Not spoiling your kids with material things but lots of love. Allowing a kid to be a kid and use their imaginations. And something that I am very firm on also is not having electronics babysit your children for you. Whether you have only one kid or multiple children, I think it is important to pick a day and have some special one on one time with them. Do something special that only the two of you may do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->