inappropriate LOLs ...

tina_h75

mommy of 3
Reaction score
I have mentioned before how much I dislike LOL and I have never ever used it, but it seems that the majority of texts I receive have an LOL when its not really needed. Are people so used to putting them at the end of their texts that they use them regardless? I just had a message from a friend telling me that she had a bike accident and was on crutches..lol ! Whats so funny about that ?!

The most inappropriate one I saw online was a woman who had texted her family to inform that a favourite auntie had passed away and signed the message lol, it was only when her son asked her what was so funny about it that she realised it didn't actually mean lots of love :dohh:

I am a bugger for unnessarily writing LOL on everything - right now Im fighting the urge to sign off this post with lol - i think ill opt for a :haha: instead. Im just a positive girl that finds everything mildly amusing ..... :haha:

My friend did that yesterday!
I wrote about that I've been diagnosed with SPD and she wrote.... "Ouch that must hurt lol" ...is it really that funny? xx

I am a bugger for unnessarily writing LOL on everything - right now Im fighting the urge to sign off this post with lol - i think ill opt for a :haha: instead. Im just a positive girl that finds everything mildly amusing ..... :haha:

:haha: lol!

I rarely ever LOL - People who over-use it grate on me a little, but i understand its just habit now. LOL.

:haha:

I was once guilty of over using it, mostly back in the days of MSN Messenger (does anyone still use that?!). I'd always use "lol" when whoever I was talking to said something & I didn't know what to say back.

Friend: I'm having pizza for tea
Me: lol

:haha:

i never use it but i do say haha a lot which is annoying

I'm terrible for using it. My 15 yr old stepdaughter actually says it as well as typing it, so DH and I say it now as well. It started off as a joke, but it kind of stuck :blush:

I use it all the time, and a few times ive accidently said it out loud in conversation. Awkward!

I hate it, never use it. Sometimes I want to though but its become such a matter of principle for me (what a sad thing to be a matter of principle *sigh*) that I just can't bring myself to do it.

I don't tend to use it too often, depends who I am sending a mail to, and as to whether they use that sort of "talk"

i use it ALL the time, most of the time it's extremely unnecessary too, although I never use it inappropriately!!! Think I need to calm down with the LOLs hehe

I have mentioned before how much I dislike LOL and I have never ever used it, but it seems that the majority of texts I receive have an LOL when its not really needed. Are people so used to putting them at the end of their texts that they use them regardless? I just had a message from a friend telling me that she had a bike accident and was on crutches..lol ! Whats so funny about that ?!

The most inappropriate one I saw online was a woman who had texted her family to inform that a favourite auntie had passed away and signed the message lol, it was only when her son asked her what was so funny about it that she realised it didn't actually mean lots of love :dohh:

My mum thinks it means lots of love too, or even worse lots of laughs. My cousin has a brain tumour and has an online blog to keep people to to date with his treatment, she always says stuff like 'wishing you lots of luck with it lol' it makes me cringe!!

Someone I know used to write LMFAO at the end of everything. Not sure if he actually knew what it meant but it made me LOL a lot. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->