Inching closer...

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
to finish line of our nicu journey....

We Saw the eye dr on sunday and he checked Samantha eyes and finally some good news! Her left eye has started to regress. The right eye has stayed the same at stage 2 but he said by next week that should start changing.
Samantha aspirated last week on her formula so the OT ordered a change in formula to staydown stuff and upped her dosage of reflux meds as high as it can go for her age in it has made a 100% change in her! She doesn't spit up anymore her desats have gone from about 4-8 a day to 1 every 3 days and only when shes sleeping and way to comfy. She is not pooping every 30 minutes anymore and it's more solid then runny like it was when she was on neosure for prems. She only goes about once a day now. She is more confortable and less gassy hardly grunts and groans and strains anymore.
She is also taking way more on bottles now that the formula has been changed. She was only taking about 25ml now shes starting to take 44ml to a full bottle of 62mls since she isn't constantly forcing herself to keep her food down. I'm so excited. what a huge change in just a few days in her. She seems happier has waaaay more energy as well. she stays up after feeds. The OT came in yesterday while we were bottling her and was so impressed with the change in her. She is a million times more co-ordinated since the change in formula. I'm so proud! I'm over the moon with excitment!
They gave her her head ultrasoun and kidnet ultrasound which they save till not long before shes coming home they told me yesterday so i'm super excited about that as it means shes on the last leg of her journey.
My husband and I are thinking another 2-3 weeks at most for her. I'm hoping she will be home before my birthday on june 2nd. that would be a huge birthday gift lolol. She won't be out for mothers day next sunday but oh well. i'll have a million more with her. Shes 6lbs. 14oz now! Almost 7 pounds my little porker lolol!
I am kind of annoyed at this hospital. they suspected reflux with her over a month ago and i told the dr why not just try a thicker formula and see if it works? they were so concerned her desats and such were from her food and then they wait till she aspirates and they have to give her oxygen for 10 minutes before they clue into try the new formula and meds... To me if they would have tried a thicker formula it may have stopped her desats and such and she may have been able to start bottling sooner... :wacko: There would have been no harm in trying I even said that to the dr but do they listen noooooooo and I was right all along... it pisses me off that oh hey i'm a dr i know whats best for you baby but the thing is they see her for 2 minutes once a day.. how the heck do they know what is best for my baby when they never saw her forcing and straining and being so uncomfortable.
Rant over... lolol
Sorry for the long post i'm just so excited I had to update.

Heres a piccy of her from yesterday :D
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/fear_the_moon_baby/IMG_0637.jpg

well done samantha! I hope the news keeps getting better. We've just started on this journey and are taking each day as it comes. All the best!

She looks beautiful. I am thrilled to hear your Nicu journey is near the end. :happydance:

Fantastic news!!! You are on the homeward straight now. Mega pleased for you. xxx

She's looking beautiful :) so pleased to hear she's turning a corner.. can't wait to hear that you're taking your gorgeous girl home!

yessss i am soooo excited :D We aer buying her car seat and stroller tonight. So ican finally bring her car seat to the hospital and get her car seat test done. One more thing gone so she can come home :D

She is gorgeous and im so pleased that she wil be home soon xxxx

Yay!!!! I know how ready yall are to have her home.

What formula did they switch her to? My little guy has been on the Neosure, and he's gaining weight, but is VERY gassy and poops probably 5x a day. I am wondering if it's the Neosure that's giving him the gas and causing his pooping. He literally poops every time we feed him.

Same for Samantha she literally would poop once an hour.. Her bum was so irritated it was breaking open and bleeding. They switched her to Enfamil Thickened and she only goes once or twice a day now. No more horrid gas either. That neosure was making Sam desat like crazy from constantly straining from gas and trying not to spit up and having to poop constantly! I would have to burp her before I fed her orbelsebshe would start to cry and cry from the trapped wind and didn't want to eat mch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->