income support, new baby sue

lu-lu2009

Expecting a boy! 35 weeks
Reaction score
hi there, sorry this is my 1st post on here (still finding my way around!)

Im currently a single mum on income support. what do i need to do when my new baby is born? is there a form i need to fill in to get extra income support?

You'd be better off posting this in the home, relationships and finance forum.

This area is just for technical issues on how to use the forum.

Welcome to BnB. :)

Moved to Home Life, Relationships & Finance :)

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_175842

Check there and i think there's a link somewhere. I think you need to ring the job centre for a new form

I was told recently by the job centre that your income support rates dont change when you have the baby, you just have to claim child tax credits and child benefit to get the extra money you are entitled too. You can claim child tax credits if you are on income support once the baby is born but i think you will need to register baby first before you can claim like child benefit.

Im on 47.95 a week income support and was told when the baby came give them a ring and it would £60 something...

I havent had the baby yet so im not sure if that is right but thats what i was told a few weeks ago xx

they stopped income support for kids now, it all goes through child tax credits, when you have registered baby you get in touch with them and child benefit you get a higher rate of child tax credit while you have a baby under one,
my girls are over one and i get £90 a week for them so its about £45 per week per child for over 1's, not sure how much more you get for babies

Im on 47.95 a week income support and was told when the baby came give them a ring and it would £60 something...

I havent had the baby yet so im not sure if that is right but thats what i was told a few weeks ago xx

:thumbup: Yep. It goes up to £60.40 I think it is, I'm not sure but it is £60. I didn't know this so I didn't think of telling the Job Centre. So when I found out about it I got it all back payed, lol. You just ring them when you've had the baby and they will increase you're money by £20. x

:thumbup: Yep. It goes up to £60.40 I think it is, I'm not sure but it is £60. I didn't know this so I didn't think of telling the Job Centre. So when I found out about it I got it all back payed, lol. You just ring them when you've had the baby and they will increase you're money by £20. x

When was this? Because like sezzlebum i got time they dont pay a higher rate for parents anymore you have to just claim child tax credits!

When was this? Because like sezzlebum i got time they dont pay a higher rate for parents anymore you have to just claim child tax credits!

It was in January I rang up because my money hadn't gone in that day,and I explained I just had a baby so I needed it but it hadn't gone in. Then she said, have you told us you have had a baby, and I said no, thats when she said you know you're money goes up £20 when you've had a baby, so she backdated it to lexie birth date and sent me a giro. Maybe you should ring up again? I definately am getting £60 every week. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->