Incompetent cervix need of advice

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have an incompetent cervix, I had my first baby preterm then my second was born extra early and passed away. With my 3rd I had a stitch placed in and made it to 37 weeks.. During my third pregnancy the one with the stitch, I was terrified to move and I darnt get up and do usual activities, I laid in bed or on the sofa until I reached 28weeks.then I slowly increased activities until I was basically back to usual level of activity. I'm thinking now if I have another baby I will most certainly need another stitch but I won't be able to rest in bed at all as I have a child to take to and from school and also a toddler that is extreamly active to look after...

My question is, is there anyone that has had a stitch and carried on with normal level of activity and the stitch has worked ? I got so much pressure and pain in my pregnancy with the stitch and that is what led me to bed rest as I darnt move.

Thankyou for reading

I'm having twins and had an emergency stitch put in at 20 weeks. I was on strict bed rest at first then on modified bed rest. I didn't do anything until I reached 24 weeks and was consistently measuring 2 cm on each weekly visit (I was 8 mm when the stitch was put in). Then, I started doing a little more but with lots of breaks on the couch or in bed in between. I'm at 28 weeks and just measured 2.2 cm and I've been doing even more the past couple of weeks - small grocery trips, small shopping trips to buy stuff for the babies and getting the nursery ready (small things - I had someone put the cribs together for me). I still take breaks through out the day and my body definitely lets me know if I'm overdoing it, in which case, I stop for the day and just relax on the couch or in bed.

Some doctors don't do stitches with women pregnant with twins because there isn't enough research to determine if they truly work. I've seen a regular OB and a high risk doctor since week 14. The high risk doctor left the decision up to me, letting me know that it may or may not work. Both doctors weren't optimistic I would make it to 24 weeks either way, but I wanted to give my babies as much of a chance as I could. Thankfully, the stitch worked great for me. My regular OB just checked it a couple days ago and was very impressed with how well it was holding up. It's highly doubtful I'll make it full term, which is 38 weeks with twins, but I should have no problem with reaching at least 32-34 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->