Incomptent cervix??

BabyLuv88

mother of 2
Reaction score
firstly i had my baby girl normally... no complications at all... got pregnant again when i stopped breastfeeding. Everything was normal with my seconde pregnancy until i was 18weeks... i start having contraction just like that and then after a whole day with contractions i went to the doctor they told me my cervix was open and but still the baby was alive. My doctor sent me home and told me to be on bed rest for a week. Few hours later after i got home. My water broke and i went to the hospital after a whole day of bleeding, the baby finally came out after a day. It was the hardest day of my life to see my son dead... I went to few doctors and i checked for infections.. no infection. so i'm 90% sure its from incomptent cervix after my first daugther i might got it. I'm pregnant again and im soo worried... im thinking if i should get a cerclage or no... i just dont want this to happen again :cry:

I'm really sorry for your loss & congrats on being pregnant.

My story is so similar to yours - my waters broke after what I know now were contractions at 19 1/2 weeks. I gave birth 8 hours later. As I wasnt examined before my waters broke they cant tell if it was IC, but no cause was found for my loss. I saw a consultant 6 weeks after who set out a plan for my next pregnancy. He said I would get cervical scans done.

I am now 15 weeks pregnant & have so far had a cervical scan at 13 weeks, I am due one on Monday (16 weeks) and again at 20 weeks. (I also want to push for one at 18 weeks as I am terrified on week 19!)

Have they given you any indication that you will have consultant led care? I would imagine you will get this for sure & be closely monitored this pregnancy.

Let me know how you get on.

I''m not worried at the moment... i will start worrying at 13 weeks.. My husband keeps telling me i shouldn't worry that it wont happen again but I know it will cause once you have it you'll always will... it doesn't mean you can't have kids, it just means it''s harder and more work. anyway they say also no sex... true or false?

Some advice I have heard is that complete pelvic rest is best with IC - but I think it depends on advice from your doctor & what risk is posed to your pregnancy i.e if they deem you high risk. Its also personal choice, if you want to play safe then maybe avoid?

if you get a cerclage please let me know... i have a dr. appoitement tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->