Inconvinient timing for the other half..

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Well now I'm annoyed.

I've finally accepted that yes baby will probably not come before Wednesday when I'm due to be induced..

I said if he's gonna come naturally he would have this weekend.. Otherwise I don't feel he will. I feel even more normal than ever if anything. Less aches and pains etc.

My partner works from home.. Self employed.. Literally works every day. Has to pack orders every single day, update websites and social networking and he's recieving some new stock in bla bla bla. Recieving the stock the day I'm due to be induced. So he's having it re directed to his parents who are a few streets away.

He's just now frustrated baby hasnt come yet.. And that the only convinient time would have been the weekend.. Bla bla bla. It's like well at least you can plan for it and we can be prepared and have the house tidy for the day. And his response was well I'm not tidying. I said obviously I'm tidying because you're preparing to get ahead on your work.

And now it's just making me feel like crap. Maybe baby isn't coming because I'm stressed that I've gotta be induced and I didn't want to be for my own reasons as well as not disrupting his work. So maybe that's why baby isn't coming!

I said for him not to make me feel like shit for it and he says he's not but it is inconvenient and I tried to make a point that even if he came RIGHT NOW it would still be in convinient because he hasn't planned for it to happen now and I could be in for a couple of days anyway! If it's taking ages he'll probably even have a chance to go home if it takes up to 48 hours to even work!

Blah.

I give up. I'm being induced. Nothing's coming naturally. And if he moans in the delivery room I'm gonna scream at him.

Oh dear men they can be so annoying at times. I know how u feel cause my husband is self employed to. Stay strong

Well now I'm annoyed.

I've finally accepted that yes baby will probably not come before Wednesday when I'm due to be induced..

I said if he's gonna come naturally he would have this weekend.. Otherwise I don't feel he will. I feel even more normal than ever if anything. Less aches and pains etc.

My partner works from home.. Self employed.. Literally works every day. Has to pack orders every single day, update websites and social networking and he's recieving some new stock in bla bla bla. Recieving the stock the day I'm due to be induced. So he's having it re directed to his parents who are a few streets away.

He's just now frustrated baby hasnt come yet.. And that the only convinient time would have been the weekend.. Bla bla bla. It's like well at least you can plan for it and we can be prepared and have the house tidy for the day. And his response was well I'm not tidying. I said obviously I'm tidying because you're preparing to get ahead on your work.

And now it's just making me feel like crap. Maybe baby isn't coming because I'm stressed that I've gotta be induced and I didn't want to be for my own reasons as well as not disrupting his work. So maybe that's why baby isn't coming!

I said for him not to make me feel like shit for it and he says he's not but it is inconvenient and I tried to make a point that even if he came RIGHT NOW it would still be in convinient because he hasn't planned for it to happen now and I could be in for a couple of days anyway! If it's taking ages he'll probably even have a chance to go home if it takes up to 48 hours to even work!

Blah.

I give up. I'm being induced. Nothing's coming naturally. And if he moans in the delivery room I'm gonna scream at him.

Sorry your having such a stressful time. Its quite common that first babies are induced. Don't get to dis heartened there is still time. Just try & remain relaxed x

Sometimes men just don't get how hurtful what they are saying can be sometimes! The birth of your baby should come before all else!
Try and stay relaxed :) I've heard that stressing etc doesn't do any good for you going into natural labour

Sorry your having a stressful time please dont loss hope of going into labour naturally with my last two labours I went to bed feeling complete normal no pains or twinges & woke up in labour, sometimes labour starts without any warning!

I don't think guys get how easily offended we can get! Like I feel a bit of a failure anyway! I mean there's still chance.. But I already feel disappointed that baby hasn't come on time.. And I'm the one who's carrying the baby and feeling shattered and huuuuge. Not him.

:hugs: Try not to stress, as said before that doesn't do well for going into labor naturally. But I know easier said than done.

I know how you feel though. Try not to let what he has said get to you. It seems the closer and closer I get to my due date the more OH is annoying me. Plus at this time with me being on bed rest, we don't have much time apart, except when he works Monday through Thursday. Weekends can be horrible because if he just says something off, it pisses me off, or throws me into a depression. And he isn't doing anything that he normally wouldn't do/hasn't done, it's just I'm so uncomfortable that it's getting to me.

You mean, you aren't going to produce the baby around his schedule?! You should have better control over your uterus than that, how selfish of you. You should have demanded that your cervix opened and produced a child at the weekend.

He is in for a hell of a shock if he thinks he can just carry life on as normal and expect the baby to slot perfectly into what he currently does. I don't know what he's complaining about, going to induction day is now the best thing, because at least it's a date to focus on, a deadline for him to work to. As you say, he'd be more screwed if you randomly went into labour right now. Also, regarding the cleaning, he should be doing the heavier stuff for you, unless you want to do it.

It could still happen any time hon. I was 5 days overdue with DS. Went to bed feeling totally normal, woke up at 4am with first contractions and delivered around 11pm. As for inconvenience, he knows that babies are not born to a schedule! He's probably just venting his own anxiety that way. Once you are in labour I'm sure he'll be there for you no matter how inconvenient it is! X

So your child isn't basing its birth around his schedule? How rude of baby!:dohh:

Seriously, if my partner even suggested that it was inconvenient for him, I'd make it even more inconvenient by telling him to get out of the house and not come back until he's realised what an a-hole thing to say that is! He'd be on the end of a full-throttle pregnancy strop within a second!

I can understand him being frustrated but that frustration should be stemming from his excitement to meet his child, not from what he deems as 'inconvenience'...

Mines been like this my whole pregnancy so I sympathise, with my first he was very supportive but with this pregnancy he's acted like a stroppy teenager from start to finish, to the point of me even wondering if I want him as my birth partner. I think block out your OH selfishness go get a nice warm bubble bath, calming music and enjoy your last days. I get induction is disappointing but at least you can be prepared mentally and get yourself in a good place before you meet your baby. Lots of luck.xxx

Naughty Daddy! If us women could choose when our babies arrived that would be great I'm sure! :thumbup:

I've not had my DD yet, due Jan 7th 2015, but she could turn up as early as xmas eve! Baby will come when they are ready, my sonographer said ultimately the baby decides when they arrive! :winkwink: Baby will come when they're ready, as long as they're ok surely that's the main concern not Hubby's schedule? Maybe he's anxious about the arrival and worried he will be a spare part? Maybe he's expressing his worries by being this way? Men aren't asked how they feel at this stage as all the focus is on women, quite rightly so, but as we all know men can be like big kids and have a good sulk!

Good luck with everything I'm sure you're doing great, have a soak and relax you won't have much chance when baby's here! X

I get that it's really disapointing for the BOTH of us when baby doesn't come on the due date.. And even MORE disapointing knowing that he doesn't want to come naturally and I'm going to be induced tomorrow. I just didn't want my other half pointing that out and making me feel worse for it.

I was really upset the other day because I said the whole time I didn't want to be induced. I've accepted it more now and feel much better about it!

I think it's probably because he did so much planning and he's useless at planning ahead.. And he thought baby would be here right now and by the 29th/30th IT would be okay to have all his stock arrive etc.. But nope.. Being a newbie he didn't realise if baby does go over it can take that long and it just so happens to be the exact date of being induced haha!

We always thought he'd come early because I felt baby incredibly early, he turned upside down early and I just was convinced myself he would come at the very very least on time!

But nope!

Today is the last day of not being a mommy! Eeeee

Good luck for tomorrow! Well i hope baby decides to randomly make an appearance today but otherwise I hope the induction goes quickly and smoothly for tomorrow!

I'm going in for my c section tomorrow so if your baby doesn't hang around our lo's could share a birthday!

X

Wishing you luck for tomorrow! I'm sure that once your LO is here, all will be amazing...and your OH will start to realize that both of your schedules aren't finished being dictated by baby :)

Not the same at all because it's not my OH, but my mother has told me repeatedly that my LO CANNOT arrive between November 20-25 (I'm due Dec 4) because she's going on a Caribbean cruise. I usually just roll my eyes and tell her I'll let the baby know. It's funny (and sometimes downright annoying) how much people think that YOUR pregnancy is about their needs and wants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->