Increased fluid

flippityflop

Reaction score
I've posted this in 3rd tri but no-one replied...can anyone help?

I had a growth scan today. I saw the consultant afterwards and he said I have slightly increased amniotic fluid. On my notes it says Amniotic Fluid Index: deepest pool 8.6cm.

I have another scan in 2 weeks. The consultant did say I shouldn't really worry, but I'd be a bit odd if I didn't worry when something isn't normal.

I've looked a little on Google (idiot) and there are some scary stories and I'm trying not to apply them to me, the consultant did say not to worry.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this? What does my measurement mean? Some sites say 5-24 is normal, others say anything higher than 8 is abnormal. I'm not sure if they are even talking about the same units of measurement.

Any info? Thanks so much x

google is a scary place!! i have heard that 5-8 is normal, you are not to far out so as the doc says try not to worry, the main thing is that they know and can do something if it doesnt level out xxx

I'm also having this problem, the deepest pocket I have is 11.6cm so really quite large. I also have other issues too (baby has fluid around her right lung causing it to collapse and push the left lung and heart over to the left). But, the issue with too much amniotic fluid alone, I've been told that it can put strain on the baby and also affect their esophagus and cause them to have issues swallowing ect. I have NST's twice a week and an ultrasound once a week to check everything.
From what I can tell, we just need close monitoring to make sure that baby is getting stressed because of it. They can drain some of the fluid off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->