Independent Midwife

hippylittlej

Mummy to a little girl.
Reaction score
So as many of you know I have been battling with my midwife over my homebirth for a while now. I saw her yesterday and requested a sweep as my SPD is just sheer agony now. She refused saying policy was +10, then at +14 I would need to go in for induction. She knows I want a homebirth and that I am not going to want induction. I explained I would prefer to not be induced and would prefer close monitoring as I would like my homebirth and not strapped to a bed being monitored. I thought she was going to choke.

Anyway I came away all upset again as if the baby doesn't come soon I face another battle. My parents have decided that I need an independent midwife, now I know they can't afford this but my mum said she is sick fed up of me having to fight for everything.

My mum is now waiting a call back to see if the one my hypnobirthing tutor and friend recommended is able to help us.

I just wanted to say I hope this works out for you. Can the independent midwife help? I hope so :flower:

The independent midwife is booked but she sits on the LSA board with the head person who manages the midwives and their care in my area. She is furious about my treatment, the comments made and is taking it upon herself to arrange a complaint, get the current midwife off my case and ensure that this midwife doesn't attend my birth. She has been amazing.

Have you tried Eithne Clarke or Susan Stephenson? They might be able to help over your way. The other alternative is a doula just to help you in terms of advocate. Yes she can't replace a mw at your home birth but she can help you fight your corner and ensure that once mws do attend, your birth space is protracted.

I haven't. To be fair after my sweep today I am not sure I will end up with my homebirth at this rate. I have a OS posterior cervix, only 50% effaced and babies head is at a strange angle and can't get into my pelvis properly as it is at the moment.
As I have said no to induction at +14 I need to go and see the consultant tomorrow and will find out if they will do monitoring until +17, but I am concerned about the head angle being tilted to the right.

Head over to spinning babies and see what it says about getting an asynclitic( not sure od the spelling) baby in position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->