Independent play

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
My baby is a bit of a nightmare at the moment, wanting constant attention whether it be me talking/singing to him or picking him up and carrying him round.

He doesnt want to lie down or even sit in his chair anymore. He will go in the jumperoo for a bit and sit on the sofa in his room for a bit (sometimjes the floor in his room but not the floor downstairs - weird!).

In short, he is really annoying me.

If I lie him on his playmat or on the floor, he just cried inconsolably until I pick him up or stand him on his feet.

He's only 4 months.

He has never been that good at playing on the mat

I see other peoples babies playing and being interested in things on the floor and all around them, and they are learning to roll and look left/right/over their shoulder, and my baby isn't.

Does your baby play indepenently, if so from what age?

If you have had similar problems, how did you overcome them.

I feel that if he just worked out he can roll, he would be so much happier and less 'bored' on his mat as his world would be so much bigger. Is there anything you can do to promote rolling or do you just have to wait until they work it out.

Sorry for the moaning tone of this, he has been so demanding for the last week, I am starting to pull my hair out.

Oh, and he cut his first tooth yesterday (so maybe I should give him a break :blush:)

My baby is like this. Gets easily bored and frustrated. I'm just doing what I can and waiting it out until he can crawl, i guess its just him temperament. He is 5 months old so we've got quite a few months to wait. I'm sure he'll be a very entertaining toddler!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->