Independent ("terrible") twos and not wanting to be worn?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Sophie is going through the usual "I'm a big girl" stage which is all good, but it's extending to not wanting to be babyworn. I'm a bit bummed as my carrier was expensive for me (kinderpacks were only available at one online retailer in New Zealand and now nowhere), super comfy and it's the appropriate size for her.

She pushes against me and asks to get down after only about 10 minutes :-(. However she won't walk either (was hit by a car so fair enough she's still scared).

In your experience, is this the end of wearing? Should I just sell the kinderpack before it gets too old? I haven't had it for long, about 6 months I think, and have only used it maybe once every few weeks lately. Will she want to go back to it? She used to love being worn.

Noooo don't sell it yet. My DS1 went through the same stage and this time last year would hardly let me wear him (and always asked to get down every few minutes when I did) but he is really into being worn again lately! He is almost 3 now. He especially likes to be worn by his daddy.

I'm not sure if it's just because he sees his little brother being worn though... In any case, don't give up yet. She might love it again in a few months.

(If you do have to sell it, though, Kinderpacks sell used for almost as much as they cost new!)

I'd just buy a cheap stroller. Ours is a $19 umbrella stroller from Babies 'R' Us and it's the only stroller we've had with Violet. The stroller can give a bit of a feeling of independence and it's pretty inexpensive. As for getting rid of the carrier, I don't know. I don't have enough experience with that sort of thing to know. I switched from carrier to stroller because of pregnancy, not because of Violet's preferences. Owen still uses the carrier, but Violet is sometimes resistant because he also uses it to get her to nap, so she associates it with sleep.

We got bought a pretty decent stroller at the end of last year and she 100% prefers it to being carried now.

I will hang onto the KP. She might enjoy it again once summer is over.

We got bought a pretty decent stroller at the end of last year and she 100% prefers it to being carried now.

I will hang onto the KP. She might enjoy it again once summer is over.

Sounds like a plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->