• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Indi's Birth Story

Sara

Mum to Indi and WTO!
Reaction score
I'm copy & pasting this from my blog, it's been a while so I don't wanna go typing it all out again ;)

I’m too exhausted to write a fully detailed birth story right now, but rest assured it’s a long, dramatic one! So here’s a quick run down of what happened…

1:15am - Waters broke, drove doggie to Mum’s, drove to hospital. Had vaginal exam - 2cm, cervix still thick. Laboured until 5cm dilated, 100% effaced just breathing, tried gas & air but didn’t like it. Transferred to delivery suite after a while (when they had a room), transitioned in the shower area and really couldn’t cope. Gave in and accepted Pethidine shot, had exam at same time - 10cm dilated!
6:00pm - Time to push!
8pm - Doc called in, I was having a lot of trouble trying to get him out so doc asked if I want epi, I said no. Was told that they don’t usually let mums push for over 2 hours so he’d give me a little bit longer then give me my options.
8:45pm - Pushed Indigo out without epi but tore A LOT. Indi was fine but I wasn’t. Bled profusly, tore extensively and placenta stayed where it was.

I can’t remember times after that so briefly, I had to go to theatre to get placenta out and get stitched up. Ended up having 3 degree tears, placenta was out in 5 mins but stitching took over 2 hours.

Laboured for 16.5 hours, pushed for 2.5 hours!

We were in hospital from Tuesday am to Thursday pm. Since waking up Monday morning I’ve had a total of 4 hours sleep! It’s 3.30 am and I’m waiting for Jeff to have a good couple of hours before he takes over looking after Indi. I am absolutely shattered but never been so happy! OK, I didn’t get the birth I planned but in the end we’re both here, happy and healthy and that’s the most important thing.

It was a life changing experience and I’ve learned a lot.

So here is my beautiful little boy…

INDIGO ERIC GARY JONES

Born at 20:46 on Tuesday 22nd April 2008.

9lbs 2oz, head 32cm, length 48cm.

At 6 weeks
https://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/mwyalch/Indi6wks.jpg

Congrats! Sorry things didn't go as planned but he's a real cutie!

Congrats!!! He's adorable!

congrats hun hes so cute. sorry it didnt go to plan for you I hope your doing ok now

He is so gorgeous... and looks like he knows it !!! :lol: Congrats :hug:

Ahhh congrats i hope you're on the way to recoverery now.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"