Indonesian mum kills son over penis size

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
Has anyone read about this? Terrible :nope: Do you think in her mind this was an ultimate act of love as she thought she was sparing him from a difficult life, or do you think she's just evil?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/indonesian-mum-kills-son-over-penis-size-20130228-2f94r.html

That is absolutely horrible and a ridiculous excuse. I am completely disgusted. There are many men with small penises who are perfectly happy... I am at a loss for words. I just can't see how penis size can be a reason to murder, especially your own son!!!

My first reaction was that this is absolutely terrible...

But then I thought about the Latimer case. I'm not sure if you ladies in the UK have heard of it, but to sum up, a man killed his 13 year old daughter. She was undergoing frequent surgeries, was in constant pain and not able to take adequate pain medications due to her other medications, could not walk or talk, etc. Generally had a very poor quality of life. His sentencing, motives, etc. are highly debated.

In MY opinion, he did truly love his daughter and did what he felt was best for her. I still don't think it's right to make that decision for someone else, but I personally feel he thought he was doing the right thing and for that reason I do have sympathy for him (and of course, his poor little girl.)

So, while this lady's reasoning seems TOTALLY insane and penis size seems like such a frivolous thing to be that concerned about...who am I to say her intentions were any different than the man who killed his daughter who I feel sympathy for?

At the same time, I do view them as being totally different because a small penis, especially at nine years old, is not going to affect one's quality of life to the extent that I mentioned in the previous case.

I don't know if this is making any sense, I'm just thinking out loud...

I guess I feel like maybe she did believe that this was the ultimate act of love but it's much harder to feel any sort of sympathy for her when her reasons behind it are so trivial.

But then I thought about the Latimer case. I'm not sure if you ladies in the UK have heard of it, but to sum up, a man killed his 13 year old daughter. She was undergoing frequent surgeries, was in constant pain and not able to take adequate pain medications due to her other medications, could not walk or talk, etc. Generally had a very poor quality of life. His sentencing, motives, etc. are highly debated.

In MY opinion, he did truly love his daughter and did what he felt was best for her. I still don't think it's right to make that decision for someone else, but I personally feel he thought he was doing the right thing and for that reason I do have sympathy for him (and of course, his poor little girl.)

So, while this lady's reasoning seems TOTALLY insane and penis size seems like such a frivolous thing to be that concerned about...who am I to say her intentions were any different than the man who killed his daughter who I feel sympathy for?

At the same time, I do view them as being totally different because a small penis, especially at nine years old, is not going to affect one's quality of life to the extent that I mentioned in the previous case.

I guess I feel like maybe she did believe that this was the ultimate act of love but it's much harder to feel any sort of sympathy for her when her reasons behind it are so trivial.

I am sorry but this case is NOTHING like the Latimer case. His daughter was in a vegetative state with no hope for recovery. This woman's son was perfectly healthy.

I am sorry but this case is NOTHING like the Latimer case. His daughter was in a vegetative state with no hope for recovery. This woman's son was perfectly healthy.

Yes, I realize that. That's what I was trying to explain near the end of my post, sorry if it wasn't clear (though I did say "I view them totally different" ;)).

I guess I was just trying to say that it's entirely possible that this woman went through the exact same thought process as Latimer. Like maybe she truly believed that she was saving her son from a lifetime of pain. Of course from an outsider's perspective that sounds completely insane...but where you draw the line?

I'm even questioning myself on this one. I feel in this situation there is absolutely nothing that would make this okay, and yet, in the Latimer case I can see where he came from. So at what point do you feel compassion for the person? Or do you ever?

I'm not trying to defend this lady AT ALL, I think she's probably either bullshitting or she's just plain crazy. I think I've just taken one too many moral philosophy classes.

Ok I gt what you mean! Thanks :). I do feel compassion for Latimer because in his case I do believe he was truly trying to end his daughter's suffering. If I ended up in her position, I wouldn't want to be alive either really! In this woman's case, I think she just didn't want her son and came up with a poor excuse to murder him.

I think alot of people who stay in countries like think are not as lucky as I am living in the uk and having a government, national health service and law which people Obide by ( not all ). In thoes kind of countries people have crazy beliefs and cults to most of us this is crazy and by no means normal!!! I wonder what she was thinking!! Some part of the states she would receive the death penalty and here in the uk hopefully a life sentence. Personaly I will never understand her logic and think she should be punished like any other murderer.

I think alot of people who stay in countries like think are not as lucky as I am living in the uk and having a government, national health service and law which people Obide by ( not all ). In thoes kind of countries people have crazy beliefs and cults to most of us this is crazy and by no means normal!!! I wonder what she was thinking!! Some part of the states she would receive the death penalty and here in the uk hopefully a life sentence. Personaly I will never understand her logic and think she should be punished like any other murderer.

'Those kind of countries'?. Believe me this would not be considered normal by anyone in Indonesian society, it is a civilised society just like the UK, with a government and very strict laws. Also they have the death penalty for murder there and if it is found this wasn't due to bonefide mental illness then yes this mother would deserve it, I personally think she must be severely mentally disturbed though, but Allaah knows best xx

What is this xenophobic comment....

This is possibly the most feeble argument I have seen in this section. Seriously, as if we don't have our share of crazed murderers, who unlike Indonesia are greatly under-punished.

An awful and very sad thing to read - but the statements made about Indonesia, Scottish Mum? Really? There are so many holes to pick apart in that argument, I almost don't know where to begin - but it is a very offensive statement.

Suffice to say, to think these kind of horrendous things don't happen in this country is naive.

This tragedy that occurred there might be different to everyday life in practice but in theory everyone could learn a lesson - while not all parents murder their children over appearance there are many people who kill themselves/become ill because of the poor self image projected onto them by society, this woman (and I'm not defending her actions) has obviously been brought up thinking something like penis size is of paramount importance. To say it's exclusive to Indonesia is ridiculous, living up to discriminative ideals is universal.

Awful, awful thing for that woman to have done! :(

While I don't agree with Scottish mum I don't believe offence was meant, she gave her understanding and Summer rain corrected her. No need to be unkind to someone who was just incorrect imo x

What the hell??
Ok first off, the boy was NINE. Just because it's small then doesn't mean it's always going to be that way!!
How the hell can anyone determine what a pre-pubescent boy's penis size is going to be?

Just another crazy ass person that killed their poor child :(

Awful. Who is to decide his penis size will ruin his life? He was likely to live a fulfilled life regardless. I do wonder if she does have mental health issues.

Unjustifiable in my eyes.
Your job as a mother is to protect your child - not drown your nine year old son because of his penis size?!

I tend to agree that she was neither acting from love, nor an evil person, but was mentally unwell.

I would kill myself first if I even had a thought to hurt my children. She is a disgusting human being . She should rot in a cell for life. can't imagine what this poor boy was thinking as he was looking up at his murderer, his mom :cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->