Induced at 38 weeks, will it be successful?

tracyy

Reaction score
After a hospital appointment today my consultant wants me to be induced on Monday when I'm exactly 38 weeks. They are inducing me using the gel. She said they will give me a dose then another one six hours later. But she said it might not work, if it doesn't work then it will be a section the following week.

What's the chance of the gel working? X

It depends on how favourable your cervix is and whether your body reacts to the prostin, I was induced on Monday at 37 weeks and I had my baby yesterday morning :) they used propess on me though (the slow releasing tampon style) then ARM then syntocinon but was fantastic birth :) xx

I was induced at 38 weeks but I had the pessary as well. Contractions started immediately and my girl was born 2 days later. Hope it works for you and good luck x

I was induced with my first at 40+5. Had been told my cervix was unfavourable etc.

I had the gel.

My daughter was born 16 hours later but it was only a 5.5 hour labour xx

All depends on if your body and baby is ready.
Between 40 & 42 weeks I had 3 sweeps, 2 inductions and nothing worked, I eventualy had my waters broke at 42 weeks in a last attemp and suddenly went to 10 cm in half an hour and had my son 1 hour later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->