Induced Birth story for Autumnbabe & thanks to bnb for 9months of support

Autumnbabe

Reaction score
Birth story

Firstly thanks to bnb for offering a place to look for all those 100's of questions I has throughout my pregnancy: here is my birth story ...

SO - I was booked in to get induced at 2pm on Thursday but the hospital were so busy they didn't get around to seeing me until 10pm, when they gave me the prostaglandin hormone pessary to try get things going. however they said that my cervix was still full, long and closed so nowhere near ready for birth. Managed to get about an hours sleep i think (was in my own room in antenatal bit) before some contractions started. They were completely managable but couldn't sleep, plus they were due to come back and examine me at 3.30 am and got hooked up to the monitors etc. Again as they were so busy they got to me about 5 am ish in the end when they examined me and said my cervix was still completely closed....
>*
> contractions continued 2/3 times every 10 minutes, by 11am ish was starting to think ........ hmmmm if this is with cervix closed i am not sure how long i can do this!!
>*
> Again The midwives were delayed & just left me to it, and there was a shift change so they got around to giving me my second pessary at 12.30pm to "really get things going" but when she went to do it she was like "OH! your 6cm dilated - welldone, right we need to get you to the labour ward!" and they broke my waters then & there (whilst the dinner lady tried to get in the room with my lunch!) By this time the contractions were holding on to the bed stage and the rest went VERY quickly...
>*
We went straight round to the labour ward but they were concerned about babies heart rate so they were concentrating on getting a trace on her head to get an accurate reading whilst i contracted away and then they were like - oh, do you want some gas and air..... Um - YES!!!!! I was about 8 cm by then and an hour later, out she popped!!!
>*
> I say popped, i actually had to have an epsiotomy and vontoose (spelling!?) and the surgeon/doctor woman delivered her as her heart rate had continued to dip, so me and my other half had both been prepped for theatre during the final bit but i knew the baby was coming as I could feel it (obviously!) so just at the last minute they were like, Ok - the head is here, we can do this without c-section *- "lets push!" so in 3 almighty pushes there she was!!!!!
>*
*I had a great midwife who joined me right at the end (they had a shift change during the last hour too!!!!.... oh AND the gas and air ran out!) and she really helped with the breathing.
>*
> The worst bit was the stitches after, as I'd had no pain relief i could really feel it and I'd done all that hard work and they were still fannying around (pardon the pun!!) for ages sewing me up, all internal I think, and actually feels not too painful after.*
>*
So there it is! I am really pleased as I thought it would be a long labour & would need epidural or c section or something as i was induced so feel it was really positive overall, *& hope anyone else out there who has to get induced can take some sort of reassurance from this & try not to worry about it beforehand, the baby usually has it own plans! :)

Congrats to all other November sparklers so far! Xxx*

Oh - and here she is! 7lbs 14.5oz - I am in love! x

Attachments

• My Gorgeous Girl.jpg
    My Gorgeous Girl.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1
well done !!! youve made me feel a bit better still hoping my lo will arrive on his own but if not you've def helped !!!

How overdue were you? I'm being induced Friday 40&12 and I'm terrified of a long labour and complications and also a massive baby!! Thanks for making it sound less scary!

She's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!! :flower:

Thanks so much for posting, I'm going to be induced at 40 weeks if my little one hasn't made his entrance by then so it's reassuring to hear a positive experience.

How overdue were you? I'm being induced Friday 40&12 and I'm terrified of a long labour and complications and also a massive baby!! Thanks for making it sound less scary!

Hi - I was 11 days overdue and she was 7lbs 14.5oz. I have just read my maternity notes and they have recorded my total labour as 2 hrs 7 minutes (from when they broke my waters) and to be honest it felt less

Good Luck! let us know how you get on x

what a great job you did! Well done! She's just gorgeous!

shes absolutly gorgeous!
thanks for sharing your story

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"