Induced labour @ 38wks+2 - Birth story of Amber Rose!! (LONG!)

congrats hun! :) we had similar births! mine was also 5 hours long & lo came at 38 weeks + 2 days, hope you're doing well. he's adorable :flower:

Wow no way!!! That's so strange!! Your boy is so beautiful too, we did good :haha: xx

Thankyou everyone!! xx

She is gorgeous and i love the name Amber! Well done xx

Wow that was good birth well done you and thank goodness you went to see the midwifes when you did!!
Beautiful baby you have yourselves there but i do have to agree that is pure evvil dressing her in that footy kit!! Nuaghty daddy lol xxxxx

Hi!
You had a similar birth to me as I was induced too and had a four hour labour - I was begging for an epidural but it was too late in the end as I dilated so quickly.

My lil girl was gonna be called Amber Rose too but we decided to call her Amber Clare after my late sister.

Big congrats and well done! x x

Hi!
You had a similar birth to me as I was induced too and had a four hour labour - I was begging for an epidural but it was too late in the end as I dilated so quickly.

My lil girl was gonna be called Amber Rose too but we decided to call her Amber Clare after my late sister.

Wow theres a few of us with similar births!!! And Amber Clare is a lovely name :) did u only find out she was a girl once she was born!? x

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!
Reading this made me not so scared for an epidural as you didn't feel like you were losing control.

Good job mommy! :thumbup:
By the way, the only clothes my husband has bought for our baby so far are sports related...luckily we are having a boy.

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!
Reading this made me not so scared for an epidural as you didn't feel like you were losing control.

Good job mommy! :thumbup:
By the way, the only clothes my husband has bought for our baby so far are sports related...luckily we are having a boy.

Thanks hun :hugs: I'm glad it's helped you :) I honestly haven't a bad word to say about epidurals!! I was always open minded to pain relief anyway, and with this being my 1st birth (& induction!) I didn't know what to expect - the epi saved my mind, I swear!! My birth experience could have been a whole lot different without it - a bad one too I suspect! x

Hi!

Wow theres a few of us with similar births!!! And Amber Clare is a lovely name :) did u only find out she was a girl once she was born!? x

Yeah, honestly, I had just given birth and because we told the midwife I was having a boy she didn't even bother to check at first! lol. So we were calling her Ethan for about 20 mins and saying how gorgeous he was! It wasn't until she did the first check that she said 'this isn't a boy, it's a GIRL!' we were astounded as you can imagine! x

Hi!

Yeah, honestly, I had just given birth and because we told the midwife I was having a boy she didn't even bother to check at first! lol. So we were calling her Ethan for about 20 mins and saying how gorgeous he was! It wasn't until she did the first check that she said 'this isn't a boy, it's a GIRL!' we were astounded as you can imagine! x

OMG that's crazy!!!! Ethan is also a lovely name :rofl: hehehe!!! Congrats on your surprise baby girl xx

Hey love! How is Amber doing?
Has she gained lots of weight fast? Violets now 10lb - double her birth weight already, growing so fast, just wondered if Amber was doing the same. My friends babies all born 8lbish dont seem to be piling it on as quick!

Hey love! How is Amber doing?
Has she gained lots of weight fast? Violets now 10lb - double her birth weight already, growing so fast, just wondered if Amber was doing the same. My friends babies all born 8lbish dont seem to be piling it on as quick!

Yay go Violet!! And yes, I've noticed how bigger babies aren't piling it on as much... I had assumed she'd just be a small baby forever & eventually catch up, but noooope!! Had her weighed on Wednesday and she's 10lb 6oz :O right lil porker!! I thought that was quite a bit, and a big leap in just 1 week (she weighed 9lb 13oz the week before!) but the dr didn't seem concerned at all as her progress on the chart in their red books was fine & still within normal range!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->