inducing labor naturally

BabyUrq

Reaction score
anyone using natural methods or old wives tales to try to get labor started at 38 weeks??

with my first, I tried a number of things starting at 38 weeks on. Not sure which one worked, or if it was a combo of the various things, or just the timing was right, but she came at 40 weeks and 3 days. Anyway, I ate pineapples and spicey foods, stimulated nipples, had sex (which is good for stretching out your lowers as well for pushing out baby) sorry if TMI, but orgasms are also important as they contract your uterus and have a good chance to jump start contractions, I also walked at least 2-3 miles in the evening.

I'm probably going to do all that again once I get to 38 weeks

Around 39 weeks I started walking a ton, took epo, and did lots and lots of bouncing on my yoga ball. Then at 39+5 I started doing accupressure on myself using the youtube tutorials - I did it multiple times every day, especially at night. I went into labor two days later on my due date. :thumbup:

Around 39 weeks I started walking a ton, took epo, and did lots and lots of bouncing on my yoga ball. Then at 39+5 I started doing accupressure on myself using the youtube tutorials - I did it multiple times every day, especially at night. I went into labor two days later on my due date. :thumbup:

I'll keep that in mind, I didn't have a yoga ball last pregnancy, but I do this time :)

Yes, I will be trying lots of walking, ball bouncing, and sex to get things going. My doctor measuring baby today via u/s and it looks like he's going to be big, so I'd like to deliver before he gets too big! (I've got GD this time around, and first baby was over 9 lbs.)

I'll also be asking for a sweep as soon as they can do it (if that's considered a "natural" method of inducing). :)

Sex and walking sent me into labor with my first! So I'll be trying that again and Im also taking EPO vaginally, I started taking it that way at 36 weeks!

Let me know if you find anything that works... I've been eating a lot of pineapple, walking, sex, had a membrane sweep and still nothing. Haven't felt a BH or a minor contraction of any kind. Really want her to arrive without being induced, so crossing my fingers.

well...i'm 38 weeks as of yesterday and i'm ready to get things going!! it would be great if baby could be born this week!!

it's gonna be a nice weekend so i might take advantage of the nice weather for walking and try everything else on those lists too!! sex, sideways stairs, pineapple, and my exercise ball (i've been using that for hip pain anyway for quite a few weeks....now its time to bounce instead of roll haha!!)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->