• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Induction! 37 weeks! Flipping out!

Keza

Reaction score
Being induced on the 10th of December. Im freaking out! It was the one thing I never wanted. Anyone else being induced same time? Anyone been induced in the past how'd it pan out? End in section or vaginal delivery and how long did you labour for?

I was induced at 38 with my daughter. All went smoothly and well, 4hour labour , you'll be fine hun :) x

I think half of us are being induced...there have been a ton of induction posts lately. I myself am scheduled for the third if she doesn't arrive before.

Been induced all 3 times. All was fine all normal deliveries. Good luck Hun x

I was induced at 41+2 after my labour was not progressing. Ended up with forceps due to baby being in distress. Think I just went too long trying to bring her myself.

Good luck !!

I was induced with my son. Normal 12 hour labor, a vaginal delivery, and happy healthy baby!

I was induced with my 2nd at 37 weeks. It was a doddle! 7 hour labour, I had early epidural so dozed through most of it, started pushing at 4.30 and DD was here by 5! I had no tears or anything!

Compared to my first DD who was a natural, extremely painful 36 hour labour with tears, retained placenta and massive haemorrhage, I'd pick my induction any day!

I was induced with my 2nd at 37 weeks. It was a doddle! 7 hour labour, I had early epidural so dozed through most of it, started pushing at 4.30 and DD was here by 5! I had no tears or anything!

Compared to my first DD who was a natural, extremely painful 36 hour labour with tears, retained placenta and massive haemorrhage, I'd pick my induction any day!

Oh my goodness I hope mine pans out like that! Im so worried about the delivery and my lady parts! My first labour I had to have episiotomy and forceps delivery it was horrific and took me months to recover from complications down there.

I was induced at 38weeks, 3 and a 1/2 hour labour, no pain relief, didn't tear and it was my first baby. Great experience.

I just had one at 37 weeks. Be prepared to wait a while before you're in established labour (I was taken in on Friday morning and didn't have her until late Sunday night) and keep your options open. You may find you fall
into labour super quickly simply after a pessary (a couple of ladies on my ward did).

I wanted to avoid an epidural as I had an induced second stage last time and wanted to feel 'real labour', but accepted that I would probably need one if I was put on a drip (which I eventually was) as with Joel, the same drip basically demolished me and gave me 0-100 back to back contractions from the get go. I hated everything about how my first labour went, and realise now I should have been more open to an epidural. This time, I was on the drip for five minutes before I realised it was happening again, so instantly went EPIDURAL NOW PLEASE. After that, it was a dream. I even felt when I had the urge to push and she was out in two pushes! No stitches needed, it was the most wonderful, relaxed experience and I wouldn't have changed anything about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->