• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Induction at 41? Has it changed?

Hollie West

Reaction score
My midwife visited my home to do birth plan yesterday.
She said that if on my due date I am still pregnant I will be given a sweep,
If within a few days baby is not born I’ll be booked in for induction at Day 7 overdue?

When did it change from 2 weeks to 1?

It’s a good thing mind you , I’m days into week 37 and I’m going nuts now! lol

I was told a research study exploring the difference in outcomes between inducing at 1 week vs 2 had to be stopped urgently as they noticed that the outcomes were dramatically worse waiting until 2. So ethically they couldn’t keep the study going. Hence it’s started being recommended to induce at 1 week now! Not confirmed if this is true but my friend who told me works in medical research so I’d be surprised if it wasn’t!!

It’s a good thing and I’m happy with it, as I’ve heard it can get risky the more overdue you get.
It’s nice knowing that by 41 weeks I’ll be going in to have him if he’s not here by then, which is likely haha.
X

My appointment with DS at 40 weeks and she wanted to leave me until 42 weeks before she booked the induction . I refused and made her book me in for that week -as I was in agony . Luckily Ds came at 40+6 , 2 days before I was going to be induced . I don’t know why they make us wait an extra 2 weeks makes me feel more worried/anxious !

Good luck for your induction x

I know my midwife sends you for an induction at 41 weeks if all is well, obviously any complications and induction is earlier, it did used to be 42 weeks to my knowledge... if only they done it at 40 weeks :haha:

I think they only let u go 10 days over now.

It's 12 days late here now.. but 18 months ago when my friend had her baby it was 14 days.

My midwife would let me get to 2 weeks overdue before induction although if someone wants to be induced earlier they will book it at 41 weeks. I'm being induced at 41 weeks, personally I'd rather wait for natural labor but my low fluid levels make waiting longer too risky.

12 days here. I was booked in for induction 12 days overdue and he arrived the day earlier

I wonder if it’s different in different areas.
I’ll be booked for induction for day 7 overdue if he isn’t born a few days following due date.
Exciting!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->