Induction date with GD

Jojono2

Reaction score
When, roughly, were you told your date to be induced/c-section/sweep? I've heard it's about 35 weeks but didn't know if it differs with GD, I'm on medication for it, don't know if that makes a difference to just being diet controlled, thanks in advance :D

I am in the us and my induction was scheduled for 39 weeks although I did not make it that far and spontaneously went into labor at 38w 1d but I was diet controlled. I believe here they usually will not do it earlier then 38 wks unless it is medically necessary due to issues with mother or baby.
Sending you best wishes for a healthy safe delivery.

We were told at around 12 weeks that they would induce/ section at 37 weeks.

I was induced with my first due to GD (medication controlled) at 38 weeks. My doctor told me that sometimes there can be the concern that with GD the baby's lungs may develop more slowly so they like to keep them in as long as possible.

i wish it was 35 weeks!!! I've been told after 37 weeks depending on baby's health but the longer he stays in the better i guess.

we were told at 34 weeks that our section was booked for 38 weeks. my doctor doesnt like doing them before 39 weeks but we have a lot of other complication as well as my diabetes that is controlled by insulin

I have my induction booked for thurs when I'll be 38+4! I got it booked at my 36 week scan (I was actually 35+5!)

Here I know the norm is to aim for 38-39 weeks if on medication, and no longer than 40+6 for diet controlled.

I had GD with my first pregnancy, insulin and diet controlled, and I had my induction set for 2 days shy of 39 weeks. They scheduled it a few weeks ahead of time (so at around 35 weeks sounds about right), but I still had to wait for a call from the hospital when they had a bed available for me to come in on the date I scheduled!

I was diet controlled and told 40 weeks with my last son but ended up being taken in at 38+3 due to concerns.

This time my sugars are unpredictable so find out next week if they will put me on medicine. I do want to request a 38 week induction for my own peace of mind.

I was told it was based on the growth scans as well, if baby gets too big, but generally its 38 weeks. Well here it is anyway :flower:

Thanks all, I have a 33 week scan on Wednesday and I'm hoping my OB will tell me then, so she could be here in as little as 6 weeks!! How many of you are having a c-section? X

Hiya I have GD that is controlled by metformin and have been having regular scans and checks. I was just given my induce date yesterday for next Thursday when I will be 39 + 2. I really think it depends how your sugars are being controlled and how the baby is growing, if there are any problems you would be induced earlier. My sugars have been well controlled by the metformin and the babies growth has been steady although he/she is measuring a bout 2 weeks ahead there is no significant concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->