Induction in less than 24 hrs

BabyDF

Reaction score
I am being induced in the morning and I am starting to freak out about labor! I am a FTM and I know that there will be pain but I have heard so many horror stories about inductions. Even the nurse said that being induced is a little more intense. Anyone want to share their induction experiences??

Obviously due to the hormone Oxytocin being dripped into you than naturally, they do say that an induction is much more 'intense' than natural labour.
Saying that though I have read some great Birth Stories of positive induction experiences over in the Birth Stories Thread. It might be worth you reading some of those to start to feel a bit better!
Also, although the contractions may be stronger, stay relaxed, keep your tummy muscles relaxed and breathe with it. Don't fight them. If you tense up your making it impossible to have the baby.
Stay in touch with us I'd love to know how you get on! X

Thanks! I sure will check those out. I'm already dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced and my doc says I have a "favorable" cervix so I hope my body cooperates. I really really really don't want a c-section. I know all will be worth it when she is here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->