Induction on Monday - positive stories wanted!

maureenx

Reaction score
I am now 10 days overdue and will be induced on Monday if this baby doesn't show up before.

I have had two sweeps, am completely effaced, was 1cm dilated yesterday and lost my plug this morning so something is happening but I am running out of time.

I am feeling pretty upset about being induced so does anyone have any positive induction stories to help me get through the wait please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I was induced with my daughter and it went really well. Try not to worry too much.

Nothing happened for around 8 hours and I was kept at hospital and hubby sent home. They I started with the cramps and toilet visits (!), waters broke naturally and my daughter was born 5.5 hours later with only gas and air.

It was a great experience.

Honestly, if you have to be induced don't worry xx

Hi

I was induced with my daughter and it went really well. Try not to worry too much.

Nothing happened for around 8 hours and I was kept at hospital and hubby sent home. They I started with the cramps and toilet visits (!), waters broke naturally and my daughter was born 5.5 hours later with only gas and air.

It was a great experience.

Honestly, if you have to be induced don't worry xx

Thank you, that's reassuring! Did you end up on the drip or was it just a pessary/gel?

Stalking this! I'm being induced Wednesday evening with Cervidil and have NO idea what to expect :/

Im not meant to be in third tri yet but thought I would sneaky peek and spotted your thread :)
I was induced with both my girls and have to say it isn't too bad. My 2nd daughter (3rd baby) was born really quickly 40 mins from start to finish.
I was 10 days over with my 1st daughter and although labour was long for me the induction of it wasn't a bad experience!
Good luck with your birth x

Stalking this! I'm being induced Wednesday evening with Cervidil and have NO idea what to expect :/

My midwife thinks that as she could reach waters yesterday they will be able to break them without using any cervix softening. It's the drip/immobility/constant monitoring that's worrying me.

Im not meant to be in third tri yet but thought I would sneaky peek and spotted your thread :)
I was induced with both my girls and have to say it isn't too bad. My 2nd daughter (3rd baby) was born really quickly 40 mins from start to finish.
I was 10 days over with my 1st daughter and although labour was long for me the induction of it wasn't a bad experience!
Good luck with your birth x

Loving these positive stories - thank you x

The drip does make the contractions come faster and can be a little more painful but it all depends on your pain threshold. Mine must be high as I have no pain relief. I am sure you will be fine :) x

It was the gel I had, no drip.

I have heard the drip really speeds things up but the gel worked well for me. I was actually hoping to be induced again due to SPD but they changed the rules for me since last time and I wont be induced until 14 days over xx

Would love to hear how your inductions went maureen and Powell. I have to be induced in the next few weeks due to high bp and my kidneys are starting to suffer. Trying not to worry... but really don't want an epidural or any big interventions...

I was induced with my first they gave me gel and put me on the drip. What helpped my labor get going was taking a bath in the jetted tubs. My labor was 8 hrs n pushed for 30 mins she had a perf score :) I'm also being induced with little man early don't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->