Induction or natural?

JenniferEl

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am currently 41+1 now, so I'm starting to get a bit impatient!
My 2 year old was 8 days late, and they ended up breaking my waters, so kind of expected to go over this time too.

Yesterday afternoon I started having Braxton hicks, which became regular and quite painful until 1.30am when I managed to get to sleep. I feel so sick and weak. No idea if this could mean I'm heading towards a natural labour as so far this morning I've had no other signs of anything happening :(.

I really hope to experience going into labour naturally this time, but not too sure if I will be able to tell the difference between Braxton hicks and the start of labour?
Went to the hospital with my 2yr old cos I woke up and was wet, turned out my back waters had gone during the night and I was already 4cm. Less than an hour after my waters were broke my son arrived, the pain only started bothering me towards the very end so not sure I will even notice when I'm in labour until it may be too late?

I'm getting induced on Wednesday, so haven't got long to go into labour naturally!

Anyone got similar worries?
X

I don't have a similar story, but I think it's possible you could go into labor naturally before Wednesday. While the beginning signs of labor might be hard to miss, if you feel you are having BH every 5 minutes or so, I'd go in and get checked out. You never know!

I am booked in for induction at 41 weeks and i am dreading it and worrying about it so much. I do NOT want to be induced, but i am fearful to refuse it (and something bad happen because of waiting). My daughter was born at 41+1 as well, so being induced this time round before i am that long overdue is upsetting.

I am desperately hoping to go into labour before Friday :cry:

I don't have similar worries right now but I have a feeling I might later on cause I'm pretty sure I'll go past 41 weeks. The thing is with due dates that they're a "guesstimation"! They're not a total, irrefutable science and I'm all for letting the baby come when it's ready.
You have plenty of time to do stuff to induce labor naturally, try some of that stuff (long walks, spicy food, :sex:, using a breastpump) before you get too worried. Also, try and stay positive :D Good luck hon :hugs:

gem if you don't mind me asking why do you have a scheduled induction? Your doc can monitor your fluids and baby until it's ready to come out, you don't have to let them guilt trip you into having an induction since it really sounds like you're dreading it...

gem if you don't mind me asking why do you have a scheduled induction? Your doc can monitor your fluids and baby until it's ready to come out, you don't have to let them guilt trip you into having an induction since it really sounds like you're dreading it...

I had am emerg csec with my daughter after a long labour and she got stuck, I don't know if that's making them overly cautious, also they've guesstimated his weight to be 8lbs 4oz, and maybe they're hesitant that he'll be too big and get stuck like my daughter. (I'm aware that guesstimate weights are often way off!)

They're doing induction Friday afternoon evening at 7 days overdue, I think they avoid booking inductions at the weekend, so rather than leave it to Monday at 10 days over, they're doing it at 7 days.

I had a failed sweep last Weds, my cervix was high and hard and she couldn't reach it. I have a second attempt at a sweep booked for Tues but I fear that'll totally discourage me if nothing has changed and he's not engaged any further!

If I requested to wait till 10 days over, I'll be worrying all next weekend that something bad will happen and it'll be my fault for waiting!! :cry: With my first, even by 41 weeks just before she was born, there was never a mention of induction, this time round, at 39+5, the doctor has already booked it. I'm trying hard not to think about it but it's taken the joy of waiting for baby to come away from me, it just feels like a race against time.

My labour with LO started with Braxton hicks. I had had them since 6 months so was quite used to them. I had my midwife app at 39+5 and she felt one when she was examining me. A few hours later I went shopping and had to rest leaning on the trolley pretending to look at the tuna! That was when I thought it was more than a BH!! This was Monday afternoon and my daughter was born in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed it could be the start for you x

I was 12 days late with Eleanor so assumed same would happen with this one. Had niggly contractions all day on due date but thought little of it. Sat down at 6.45pm to yummy spag bol cooked by hubby and suddenly contractions went to every 2 mins. 7.20pm waters broke. 9.58 pm she was born! I think you have a good chance of going into active labour naturally!

Update!

So since 11ish this morning I've started having painful Braxton hicks, that have been getting more regular, longer and more painful!
Luckily I had a midwife appointment at 2.45 so asked her to check me, I'm 3cm and she said I'm in the start of labour!

Been home about an hour and I'm in so much pain with the contractions, tried lying down to get some sleep, having a bath and it isn't helping. Doesn't help that my 2 year old is kicking off and my partner is only just on his way back home now.

Fingers crossed it continues and hopefully my little boy will be here soon :)!!

X

Congrats! It sounds like things are starting for you on their own. :)

UPDATE!

So my little boy arrived at 6pm yesterday!!

My mum was on her way, 30 mins away, partner on his way back home, 20 mins away..

Ended up giving birth on my own with my 2 year old!!!

So yeah, mayhem!

7pounds 10, glad he arrived safely!

Hope all your labours go well :)!!

X

Congrats! So happy things started naturally for you and your lo arrived safely :hugs:

Oh wow! How was your 2 year old during that happening?

He was clinging to my arm, crying and screaming 'sorry mummy, poor mite didn't have a clue what was going on and I wasn't exactly in the best state of mind to be reassuring a 2 year old that I'm ok lol!
As soon as baby arrived he said 'oh, baby brothers out now yay' and keeps telling everyone his baby brother isn't in tummy anymore he has come out haha :) so so proud!!

X

Wow what a story! Massive congratulations! Amazing mamma you are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->